2316 longevity

This forum is for any discussion related to Aircooled Technology, the DTM shroud and Massive TypeIV engines. You may read and search this forum, but you can not post to it.
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

I probably have 30+ different 2270 combos.....

The way Tuna and I are doing the site update is that each engine combo will have a spec box with ratings and intended purposes. It will rate the engine in every aspect from idle quality to MPG, acceleration and etc...

The absolute best way to get the combo you need is simply to schedule a chat with me and do it over the phone
User avatar
Plastermaster
Posts: 2762
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2001 12:01 am

Post by Plastermaster »

I will but this time it will be with money I have rather than plan to have. LOL

The info on your site can be helpful for a starting point, but with the all the options you have now, I think most customers would need clarification on it all. For that intial seed, it sounds like you an Tuna will be setting up some for some Massive window shopping. :D and really just some good info. A lot of us have built engines as part of our hobby, how many of us have built and tested countless versions of several different engine sizes? That info is golden for even the most experienced of us. And I'm not talking about some VW guru philosophy BS. Your web site can provide results from much testing. Its not a pilosophy anymore when you have test results, just fact. People can take it or leave it. I say this because I know how you are about the guru thing. Test results kinda speak for itself.
User avatar
powerzen
Posts: 225
Joined: Sun Jun 30, 2002 12:01 am

Post by powerzen »

i can't speak to longevity yet as i have yet to get it up and running, but i can speak to dyno HP. in another month i will be able to speak to the kick in the pants it will give. :D i will certainly be posting the review of the first ride.

Image


here are the numbers...
Image
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

Hell yeah.....
User avatar
Plastermaster
Posts: 2762
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2001 12:01 am

Post by Plastermaster »

Nice install Zen! I hope to see a full report on that bad dog in the next month. :twisted:

I plugged the chart into Baja wes's accelleration worksheet and see you in the 12's and 0-60 in about 5 secs. Not only that you can drive it 500 miles to the track and back in one day. :)

Thanks for the pic
Ron
Guest

Post by Guest »

MASSIVE TYPE IV wrote:I probably have 30+ different 2270 combos.....

The way Tuna and I are doing the site update is that each engine combo will have a spec box with ratings and intended purposes. It will rate the engine in every aspect from idle quality to MPG, acceleration and etc...
I think that will be a good way to do it, Jake. Lincoln Electric (welders) does something similar with their retail products (I hope you use numbers instead of symbols, though).
Guest

Post by Guest »

MASSIVE TYPE IV wrote:I have 7 2316 combos... The website needs updating BADLY!

I probably have 30+ different 2270 combos.....

The way Tuna and I are doing the site update is that each engine combo will have a spec box with ratings and intended purposes. It will rate the engine in every aspect from idle quality to MPG, acceleration and etc...
That would be great. I'm already confused trying to visualize the performance differences (all aspects, not just hp & lb-ft) of a 2270, a 2270 if supercharged, and a 2563 even though no two are alike. The Web site's description of the 2316 discouraged me from considering it; yet, it replaced the 2270 "D" and now I read there are seven versions.

A chart would help me narrow down the choices to perhaps three to five. Then, an in-person phone call would be more productive as I could weigh the subtle differences of my final grouping along with the anticipated pricing.
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

The only way to go is to talk to me directly on the phone. The website is not capable of designing the engine that you need for your application- But I am, and do it everyday.

Unlike alot of builders that let you choose your entire combo, I don't- thats what I'm getting paid for and its the most important part of the entire project.
Guest

Post by Guest »

Good luck with that!! I have been trying to schedual a chat with Jake for over a month, just not getting any feedback?
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

Ummn,
we must not be getting your emails..

PM me your number and I'll call you tonite.

I only talk one night a week and can only schedule 6 hours worth of calls in one night without going crazy.
Guest

Post by Guest »

That would be great! And I totally understand your busy testing, and I feel that is very important to the future of T4
User avatar
zephed56
Posts: 128
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 4:32 am

Post by zephed56 »

The website is not capable of designing the engine that you need for your application- But I am, and do it everyday.
I'm sure it could be done pretty well.

I've studied Artificial Intelligence in university, they can design systems to diagnose medical problems, don't see why this would be any different or more difficult.
Damn, maybe I should do a special project on this for my degree.

--EDIT--
Found some links if anyone is interested:
Automotive Diagnosis
Intro To expert Systems
Guest

Post by Guest »

zephed56 wrote:I've studied Artificial Intelligence in university, they can design systems to diagnose medical problems, don't see why this would be any different or more difficult.
I've seen similar programs for auto mechanics - the software asks the mechanic a series of questions and systematically starts to narrow down the possible causes of the problem. Probably not as good as an experienced mechanic, though ...
Guest

Post by Guest »

Oops, I posted my reply before I clicked on your links.
Guest

Post by Guest »

Plastermaster wrote:Nice install Zen! I hope to see a full report on that bad dog in the next month. :twisted:

I plugged the chart into Baja wes's accelleration worksheet and see you in the 12's and 0-60 in about 5 secs. Not only that you can drive it 500 miles to the track and back in one day. :)

Thanks for the pic
Ron
thanks. i have the Hyfire, coil and breather in now. i obviously still have some wiring work to do then and still.

that is good acceleration info. i wondered where i might end up. what vehicle weight do those numbers take into account? i am guessing that i will be in the 1700lbs area. i have a taller 3rd and 4th, but wouldn't see those before 60 anyway. i would in the 1/4 though.
Locked