Valve sizes...

This forum is for any discussion related to Aircooled Technology, the DTM shroud and Massive TypeIV engines. You may read and search this forum, but you can not post to it.
User avatar
dstar5000
Posts: 4555
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 12:01 am

Post by dstar5000 »

Anonymous wrote:From the simulations that I have run using Peformance Trends' Engine Analyzer software, you don't gain anything in a ~ 2.0L motor using a radical cam (except maybe at the very top-end).
DAY-UM!
:shock:

All that money on a CUSTOM cam and it ain't gonna do me no gud?
;-)

Keep the anal-izer, I'm gettin 200 ponies out of this puppy even if I have to pump it full of NAWWWWS!

:twisted:

Don
‎"Let me say it as simply as I can: transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones
of this presidency,".. Barack Obama January 21, 2009, 30 minutes before he signed the law
sealing all his personal information....
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

Forget books, forget analyzers, forget myths!

Buy the friggin parts, design a combo and bolt the S.O.B. together!

I get so tired of projections that I could scream loud enough to be heard over my dyno. there is no substitute for trial and error and no substitute for experience!

Run a correct cam and bump the CR on any engine to match with the proper ports and if you don't gain atleast 20% of power you did something wrong..

Quit spending money on gaining jknowledge through print. Buy 20 junk engines and build the damn things.. Thats worth its weight in Titanium!
User avatar
dstar5000
Posts: 4555
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 12:01 am

Post by dstar5000 »

MASSIVE TYPE IV wrote:-------I get so tired of projections that I could scream loud enough to be heard over my dyno.
there is no substitute for trial and error and no substitute for experience!----------
Amen Brudda!

What are your suggestions for this:

DRAG ONLY!
80X96
5.7 Chebbies
11:1 CR
Anni cam(from you)
79 square port heads
Dell 45s, 38mm vent?
1645lbs Bradley GT

Am talkin to Len when he gets some time,
but I know you two hooked up one of these recently
and I need suggestions from YOU.

Thanks Jake!

Don
‎"Let me say it as simply as I can: transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones
of this presidency,".. Barack Obama January 21, 2009, 30 minutes before he signed the law
sealing all his personal information....
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

Rods are too long!
User avatar
dstar5000
Posts: 4555
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 12:01 am

Post by dstar5000 »

MASSIVE TYPE IV wrote:Rods are too long!
:shock:

For 7K RPM?

Shoot! That's right, it'll NEVER get to 7K with those rods!
Run outta AIR!

Hmmmm, I guess a standard 350 Chebbie then!
Or I *think* I have a weird OLDS rod that is 5.3 or
something like that. Real short!

Been two yrs since I played with my rods!
:shock:

I'll have to go back and measure.

I REALLY liked the *looks* of those 5.7s. ;-)
I got them from a Chevy guy so I have two sets for a VW!
:-)

Don
‎"Let me say it as simply as I can: transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones
of this presidency,".. Barack Obama January 21, 2009, 30 minutes before he signed the law
sealing all his personal information....
Guest

Post by Guest »

dstar5000 wrote:
Anonymous wrote:From the simulations that I have run using Peformance Trends' Engine Analyzer software, you don't gain anything in a ~ 2.0L motor using a radical cam (except maybe at the very top-end).
DAY-UM!
:shock:

All that money on a CUSTOM cam and it ain't gonna do me no gud?
;-)

Keep the anal-izer, I'm gettin 200 ponies out of this puppy even if I have to pump it full of NAWWWWS!

:twisted:


Don
I was talking about 2.0L street engines. At what rpm are you getting 200hp from a 2.0?
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

My 2.0 street engine makes 130 BHP, heads are not ported and valves are stock 42x36... Its all in the combo.
Guest

Post by Guest »

Jake, what's the compression ratio and at what rpm does it make 130hp?
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

Mine did it @ 9.01:1 and less than 6,500 RPM... single springs even.
Guest

Post by Guest »

Sounds like a good combo if it's "durable".
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

Durable..... are you kidding?

46,000 miles in 19 months! Built from USED PARTS! ran 80 MPH to the track 5 hours away, put 208 miles on the road race course, and drove home at 85-90 MPH and still hasn't been touched.

Idles at 800 RPM, heads won't touch 350 and runs on 89 octane...

at the track I shift at 6500 RPM, and did that for 18/ 25 minute sessions... didn't even need to add oil the entire time...its a full time daily driver.
MattR
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:59 pm

Post by MattR »

Jake, what setup are you running on that 914 motor? Its a 2056 with your own cam, right? Thats what im aiming for. I realize i wont get the same results because I dont have the experience building engines, but anything close would be awsome.
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

Thats in my 912E...

Its all in the cam..... Nothing off the shelf is gonna do that for you. every now and then i sell one but only to those who I feel won't shaft me..
MattR
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:59 pm

Post by MattR »

Im really torn right now. I want to get my 914 on the road in the next month or so and I need a cam soon. Right now I am tempted to go with webcam's 494 grind from acn because of their warrenty. But I understand the cam has a lot to do with performance and such so I want to go with one of your grinds, but I cannot afford ceramic lifters. Are you willing to sell one of your grinds? Again, I am not worried about a warrenty from you. I understand if it goes flat its my fault for jumping the gun.
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

I need to know ALOT motre about what you already have for parts... Your altitude, the CR you want to run, carbs, heads, before I can even see if it will work for you..

The cam is 185.00, has no warranty.
Locked