Page 2 of 2

Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 3:32 pm
by VRSICK
ok, its [email protected]

Also, i've been looking around and I think i'm gonna convert the 8v into digifant 1 ignition, and turbocharge it (A turbocharged G60 engine). I saw this pic, and nearly had to go get a napkin to clean the keyboard!! Very inspiring looking, and definetly the way i'm looking to go for my bug. Among some of the things i'm thinking of is a fresh rebuild (With forged 1.9l JE pistons) G60 convertion with the digi 1 ecu, and a small turbo to boost up super quickly (I don't like turbo lag, so the smaller the turbo the better!) So I MAY have to cut into the fire wall, but even if I do, that won't bee too much trouble, I personally can't do it, but I have alot of friends in the auto-modding hoby, and they said they can help me do it. as i've said in the earlier post, it seems the only thing that i'm unclear about is how to support the engine's weight besides just the tranny bolts. I also want to know how much heavier the 8v, or g60 engine is compared to a regular aircooled 1600.

Oh yea, almost forgot, here are those pix!

Image
Image
Image

Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:52 am
by ecdez
My keyboard is a little sticky too! That ride is NICE!

:P :P :P

Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:47 am
by The Sickness
DAAAAAAMMMMNNNN. That's a beautiful thing.

Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:30 pm
by Guest
what site did you find those pics on
that is one sweet car

Posted: Wed May 05, 2004 3:18 pm
by VRSICK
I actually found it off of the germanlook forums, i went to the site, but its all in chek, or some crazy azz language, that I have no idea what it is. Anyway, the car is rediculous, i'm in love, i'm putting a g60 turbo in my 70 bug because of this pic, already found a motor, thank you crazy ass purple beetle found on the chek page (or whatever) :D

Posted: Wed May 05, 2004 3:23 pm
by VRSICK
All though, I STILL wanna know how to support the extra weight, you can't just let the tranny bolts hold up this puppy, hoe did you do it rallycar?

Posted: Thu May 06, 2004 6:08 am
by TeamEvil
VR-

My Ghia has an older Buick V6 in the back and it's honestly supported just fine by the original VW trans and frame horns. I suppose that if you Rally it hard there would be a problem, but for occasional fun and road work, it's OK. Been in there for years, no problem.

TC

Posted: Thu May 06, 2004 6:52 am
by Shadowbug
I've got a type 4 in my beetle, and I used a rear bus engine mount modified to bolt onto the bumper mounts.

one could easily do this for whatever engine you're using

I'm contemplating sticking a 2.0l aba into my '62 panel, I figured I'd use at least one of the aba mounts (furthest back in this configuration) and fabricat a bar to mount between the bumper mounts and support the engine mount, I'd probably figure a way to set up a second mount for the engine opposite side of the block to mount to the same bar.

theres nothing a guy can't do with a little forethought and a few welding skills.

Posted: Thu May 06, 2004 7:25 am
by Plasticfantastic
Shadowbug wrote:
theres nothing a guy can't do with a little forethought and a few welding skills.
Amen, brother! Although, sometimes the first version isn't perfect and you have to improve the design (most true engineers even have to do this), the hardest part is getting over the fear of doing...

Posted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:16 am
by VRSICK
hey rally car, you have any news or new pix of your car???

I have my engine now, and its gonna be a long hard and expensive road ahead. the g60 that I bought had a little oil problem, and the pistons were miled down naturally (because of friction i guess) and once I put them to a micrometer, I shook my head and said "Now I HAVE to get those bigger pistons"

So now, i'm looking for rad options, and structural options. tHE rad i'm looking for has gotta look good as well as function, this will be a weekend/show/fun car. I origionally thought that the engine would be too heavy, but thats not the case. Now the case is trying to keep the car in one piece as I rip off the clutch and give it a good whirl. 200+ hp and 200+ tourque will definetly need some prep work on the body!!!