WHat does a 2739 TIV drive like??? I'll tell ya.
-
Joe vw
- Posts: 770
- Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2001 12:01 am
Hey Fimble, What part of Vermont are you from? I'm over here behind Okemo. Are you going to any local shows?
I'm running a FAT 2600 in my manx style buggy myself. Serious VW nutcases are few in this area. I'm VP of our small Rutland aircooled club.
Shoot me an E-mail I'd like to talk and check out Jakes work. [email protected]
I'm running a FAT 2600 in my manx style buggy myself. Serious VW nutcases are few in this area. I'm VP of our small Rutland aircooled club.
Shoot me an E-mail I'd like to talk and check out Jakes work. [email protected]
-
MASSIVE TYPE IV
- Posts: 20132
- Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am
Fuel economy is good on the big engines.. Most get above 25 MPG, even getting on them! My 2270s average over 30 most of the time.Every now and then one turns out to be a gas hog, but its seldom.
Joevw,
Maybe you and fimble can hook up... He is trying to straighten out some problems that the installer created.... Kind of a butcher!
Joevw,
Maybe you and fimble can hook up... He is trying to straighten out some problems that the installer created.... Kind of a butcher!
-
DeepThroat48s
- Posts: 77
- Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:40 am
-
EASY RIDER
- Posts: 532
- Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:22 pm
-
DeepThroat48s
- Posts: 77
- Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:40 am
-
EASY RIDER
- Posts: 532
- Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:22 pm
Have you read the sites in massive type IV's signature?
www.aircooledtechnology.com
www.massivetype4.com
If money is not an issue than this is the person you want to talk to. Jake Raby has a lot of information on the type 4 engine that you are looking for. Read Tuna's sight that I gave you the link to, then read Jake's sites and when you have done that use the search function (its not that good but work with it because it will help you get answers to a lot of questions that have been answered before). When you have a good understanding of what a type 4 engine will do and why people choose them then you will be able to get the most out of this forum.
When I found this forum I did just what I said above. I spent many weeks searching, reading and lurking in and out of different forums to get a feel for what was being done with type 4 engines. After many, many hours of research I came to the conclution that a T4 was right for me and it may be right for you. If you can drop $15,000 to $20,000 to put an engine in your car then money must not be an issue for you and you have come to the right place.
I'm not saying that you have to spend 15 to 20 grand but if you want to hold 120 mph and have power to go faster than that you will need to spend that much money. Hey you said money was not a problem. If you spend enough money to have a bug that will go 170 mph and do so with the highest possible safety features installed in your bug then I will go for a ride!
What do you guys think ol DeepThroat will have to spend for a 67 german look to be able to do that? 75 to 100?
www.aircooledtechnology.com
www.massivetype4.com
If money is not an issue than this is the person you want to talk to. Jake Raby has a lot of information on the type 4 engine that you are looking for. Read Tuna's sight that I gave you the link to, then read Jake's sites and when you have done that use the search function (its not that good but work with it because it will help you get answers to a lot of questions that have been answered before). When you have a good understanding of what a type 4 engine will do and why people choose them then you will be able to get the most out of this forum.
When I found this forum I did just what I said above. I spent many weeks searching, reading and lurking in and out of different forums to get a feel for what was being done with type 4 engines. After many, many hours of research I came to the conclution that a T4 was right for me and it may be right for you. If you can drop $15,000 to $20,000 to put an engine in your car then money must not be an issue for you and you have come to the right place.
I'm not saying that you have to spend 15 to 20 grand but if you want to hold 120 mph and have power to go faster than that you will need to spend that much money. Hey you said money was not a problem. If you spend enough money to have a bug that will go 170 mph and do so with the highest possible safety features installed in your bug then I will go for a ride!
What do you guys think ol DeepThroat will have to spend for a 67 german look to be able to do that? 75 to 100?
- dstar
- Posts: 3733
- Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 12:01 am
-
fortyeye
- Posts: 1351
- Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:49 pm
Oh I think he'll have to have a few laws repealed first ... lift, drag, and physics to start. Then he should hire the aerodynamicist away from the Scuderia Ferrari F1 team (Michael Schumacher won't be happy) ... set up meetings with Bridgestone, Michelin, maybe BAR/Honda for some carbon-composite casting and machining techniques ... not too sure what his bug will eventually look like ... but 100 thou ? ... shoot ... that won't even pay for the refueling team. Start adding commas and zeros to that figure. 
-
MASSIVE TYPE IV
- Posts: 20132
- Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am
- dstar
- Posts: 3733
- Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 12:01 am
- Crimson_Axe
- Posts: 596
- Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2001 12:01 am
I can vouch for Jake's work, it is top notch(He built my 2563). If you were closer I'd take you on a test drive so you could see for yourself. Also ask yourself do you really want to go 170 in a bug, So far I've had my super up in the 100mph range with plenty of throttle to go - at that speed trust me you really don't want to go faster.