Subaru!! Who's with me?!?

Offroad VW based vehicles have problems/insights all their own. Not to mention the knowledge gained in VW durability.
User avatar
RyanB
Posts: 1466
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:01 am

Post by RyanB »

Hey there hotrodvw. You wouldnt happen to have a line on any other suby engines would ya? I am interested in trying this...
User avatar
scott the viking
Posts: 3864
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:35 am

Post by scott the viking »

Ryan, I do...do you know which Subaru motor your interested in?
User avatar
RyanB
Posts: 1466
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:01 am

Post by RyanB »

It's been a year and a half since I seriously looked at the conversion. Was living in CA back then and didnt really know anyone in the area that was working on the same thing. So, no I dont really know which engine I would want. Alot of the times, beggers cant be choosers so I would be suprised if there was a choice? If there is, I'd need to research the cost differences and the pros/cons of each I would assume.

If you could let me know whats available and how much they are looking for the engine(s) that would be great! :D
User avatar
scott the viking
Posts: 3864
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:35 am

Post by scott the viking »

Well..... they are all available, (for the right price) I know, stupid answer :roll: . If you are looking for cheap, check out e bay, there is a guy on there that sells ej20's for around 850. I have never dealt with him nor do I know anyone who has, so I can't say he's any good. Also, you might try www.nippon-motors.com I think they have the ej20 for around 650. OR.... :shock: I have a turbo charged pinto motor laying around if you want to go that way. What are you running right now? AND, as of right now, I have an ej22 16 valve SOHC on it's way to my shop. I most likley will be selling it, but have not settled on a price yet. If your interested in it, or PINTOZILLA :shock: let me know and we can work something out.
User avatar
Hotrodvw
Posts: 1427
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2003 5:46 pm

Post by Hotrodvw »

You'll have better luck with the other boys ideas. I got suuuuuper lucky on mine. $75 for an EJ22 w/ a blown head gasket. Hope you can find something! The Jap Domestic Imports are a good find. Usually around 30k miles, ready to go w/o computer. I think they are around $1100.
Eric
User avatar
RyanB
Posts: 1466
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:01 am

Post by RyanB »

hrm. I have a 1600 in my baja atm.

Lemme know whatcha want for the ford motor as well as the ej22. :D
User avatar
scott the viking
Posts: 3864
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:35 am

Post by scott the viking »

Before we talk money... do you have any good trading stock?
User avatar
RyanB
Posts: 1466
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:01 am

Post by RyanB »

Guess that depends on what you are looking for.
normalario

Conversions

Post by normalario »

Here is the best subie coversions I have seen online.

http://www.americansandassociation.org/ ... hp?t=14063
Capn Skully
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon May 05, 2003 5:56 am

Post by Capn Skully »

Check out the u-pull-it yards. Usually they will sell you any engine to fit any car for a fixed price. Here it happens to be $165.00, four, six or V-8.

I have often thought of putting a Ford V-6 in a buggy. :D
User avatar
RyanB
Posts: 1466
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:01 am

Post by RyanB »

Scott,

I havent heard from you in email in reply. Do you still have the Ford Turbo motor? Still interested in selling it?

~Ryan
Guest

Post by Guest »

Theres a wrecking yard up here in Washington that specializes in Subaru. I talked to them about a low mileage 2.2 litre with everything from wiring harness to radiator. The asking price was $1,500 and they have countless options for 2.0, 2.2, 2.5 motors

SHMO
jedrattle
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2003 12:01 am

Post by jedrattle »

So has anyone on this board actually done this? I want to do this. I have looked at a car with this done. The only thing I didn't like was the radaitor sitaution, but I have a few ideas. I really like the power you get out of it.
Guest

Post by Guest »

There is a Yahoo group for Subi's in VW's. Have a look.
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/subbug/

Jerry...
Post Reply