Thanks as always Ray.
I did put a new pressure plate on this time as well as a new throw out bearing and disc. I also tried another flywheel. But all of my flywheels have been resurfaced and I am begining to beleive they may be part of this problem also. Today I am going to replace all my plugs (while checking for how my combustion is), plug wires, Cap and rotor button as well as my pertronix igniton just to take my ignition system out of the equation.
When running and the tach is doing its thing at 3200 its hard to tell if the engine is racing or not, since it's in a van, one of the disadvantages is that you are far from the engine. But before when it was flying from 4k on, you could hear the engine racing.
Need a little help
- raygreenwood
- Posts: 11914
- Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2003 12:01 am
- DeathBus
- Posts: 1176
- Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2002 1:01 am
um once we were all riding down the interstate in my camper 2 PO's before me, here is how it went as me and some friends were sitting in the back.
Driver
"you know whats really crazy?"
US
"What"
Driver
"When the driver gets up and sits in the back and has a beer"
gets up and goes to the back.
US
SCREAMS and the three of us try to jump into the drivers seat at the same time.
ONE of the scariest moments of my life!
Driver
"you know whats really crazy?"
US
"What"
Driver
"When the driver gets up and sits in the back and has a beer"
gets up and goes to the back.
US
SCREAMS and the three of us try to jump into the drivers seat at the same time.
ONE of the scariest moments of my life!
- DeathBus
- Posts: 1176
- Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2002 1:01 am
ok here is what I found today,
Went to pull the rotor, found the distributer shaft to have about 1 inch of up and down movement!
Tightened up the leaking oil cooler, put another distributer on.... not enough advace out of the dist.....
replaced that dist... rock steady tach, good revs, no crazy stuff,
now I just have to figure out how to tune these Kads in.....
Went to pull the rotor, found the distributer shaft to have about 1 inch of up and down movement!
Tightened up the leaking oil cooler, put another distributer on.... not enough advace out of the dist.....
replaced that dist... rock steady tach, good revs, no crazy stuff,
now I just have to figure out how to tune these Kads in.....
- DeathBus
- Posts: 1176
- Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2002 1:01 am
FYI - Found the cause of all my problems.
I checked my valves again and found #2 intake set at .010.
#2 exhaust was OK
#1 both valves were set at .008
#3 was OK
#4 exhaust was set at .009
intake was ok.
Also I think my tach is fried giving me nad readings at high rpms.
Cranked the van and it is quieter than it has EVER been, drove it and I can do 85 all day long!
I checked my valves again and found #2 intake set at .010.
#2 exhaust was OK
#1 both valves were set at .008
#3 was OK
#4 exhaust was set at .009
intake was ok.
Also I think my tach is fried giving me nad readings at high rpms.
Cranked the van and it is quieter than it has EVER been, drove it and I can do 85 all day long!