Oil Pressure Sender with DTM and Mallory

This forum is for any discussion related to Aircooled Technology, the DTM shroud and Massive TypeIV engines. You may read and search this forum, but you can not post to it.
Guest

Post by Guest »

BajaT4 wrote:I've seen John's hose before so I think I'll stick with him. :shock: Sorry Punkin.

John, you've got an order.
Even though you're going to stick with John's hose remember that Jake says when using John's hose you still need to spend some time working on the ground...

Randy
SuperRSi
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 12:10 pm

Post by SuperRSi »

Hey sorry, I thought I was auto logged in. I was busy enjoying the discussion...

Thanks

Randy
SuperRSi
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 12:10 pm

Post by SuperRSi »

And John explain what Davygrvy is saying when he stated he had to use an Alligator clip to get your hose to ground for him. You must be tougher than we all thought...

OK sorry, ITS ALL DON'S FAULT...

Randy
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

Damn, ground work on Johns hose...... Is it the tunneling type???LOL
User avatar
dstar
Posts: 3733
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 12:01 am

Post by dstar »

SuperRSi wrote:..........OK sorry, ITS ALL DON'S FAULT...
Randy
BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
YEP! But I can still sleep at night...
Image

Everyone needs a good laugh once in a while.
It's ok, especially when no feelings get hurt!

John's a great guy and has great products!
AND, it is only $20!

Image

I'm sure John wishes EVERYONE would try his hose!
Image

Ya'll have a great weekend!

Don
User avatar
davygrvy
Posts: 263
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:49 pm

Post by davygrvy »

SuperRSi wrote:And John explain what Davygrvy is saying when he stated he had to use an Alligator clip to get your hose to ground for him. You must be tougher than we all thought...

OK sorry, ITS ALL DON'S FAULT...

Randy
Thread sealant.. When you use thread sealant, you lose ground.
User avatar
raygreenwood
Posts: 11914
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2003 12:01 am

Post by raygreenwood »

Sheeeoot!...$20 for Johns hose? :shock: Can get a deal like that in Vegas! I'll have to tell my ugly cousin! Maybe she can get introduced to Johns-son? :lol: Ray
Guest

Post by Guest »

This is why l like this forum. Too much info gets passed around!

John, with anyone trying to get their hands on your hose, will you give group discounts? ;)



E
User avatar
BajaT4
Posts: 415
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2002 12:01 am

Post by BajaT4 »

Simple solution to John's hose with no clamp espcially if you own a DTM. Got to Home Depot and purchase an 1-1/4" conduit clamp and some 1/4" nylon insert locknuts. Screw the clamp to the DTM center bolt (which also is nice and grounded). Tighten hose to pressure switch and case and clamp sender in place. Make sure to route the braided hose away from the DTM to prevent chafing.

Image
User avatar
Bill K.
Posts: 563
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:50 pm

Post by Bill K. »

Heat shrink over the braided hose can also prevent chaffing.
EASY RIDER
Posts: 532
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:22 pm

Post by EASY RIDER »

Thanks for the picture. I had no clue what the set up looked like. Jake uses a 3 of 4 inch nipple on the engine when he tests it and that is the only thing I ever saw. I will get one from John when I order the rest of my stuff.

Bert
User avatar
Plastermaster
Posts: 2762
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2001 12:01 am

Post by Plastermaster »

I have a tapped hole in my remote filter for the oil pressure, or temp sender. I was thinking it would be good for the pressure sender. As for the oil, It would probably be OK as well. It would be fresh out of the engine. What do yall think?

Thanks
Ron
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

Ron,
I would use the stock location for the oil pressure sender.. If not you will be measuring system pressure and not the pressure the main oil galley is seeing..

It would be fine to use the remote location for the temp sender..
User avatar
Ephry73
Posts: 3369
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2001 12:01 am

Post by Ephry73 »

I don't mean to to be a hose blocker, but i installed my dual presure sender/oil light sender in the stock location, with the DTM. It's a tight fit, but it fits. I also have the Mallory dizzy on there too. I cat be done.



Ephry
User avatar
Plastermaster
Posts: 2762
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2001 12:01 am

Post by Plastermaster »

Thanks Jake. Really the problem is the Mallory! I came up with a cool adapter kit I will be selling to run the Mallory off a short length of hose. This allows you to push it over a little bit to get the oil sender in. :)

Ron
Locked