Carbon Fiber DTM Pics- Its blows a 911 off it socks!

This forum is for any discussion related to Aircooled Technology, the DTM shroud and Massive TypeIV engines. You may read and search this forum, but you can not post to it.
User avatar
Kafer_Mike
Posts: 503
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2002 1:01 am

Post by Kafer_Mike »

You gonna do a Type1 too???
"Build 'em fast...or let 'em sit"
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

Nope, the Type I will NOT be available in Carbon Fiber....... They are way more mass produced than the Type IV units are.
User avatar
shambly
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:07 am

Post by shambly »

Fabulous!

If only I could have had it on my engine...... :(
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

I had really given up on it when all of a sudden he emailed me!

Simon, if you have a bit of time and can wait for testing we could install one for you before shipping.
detailbarn
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2003 7:30 am

Post by detailbarn »

well I'm very happy carbon Joe came through with this one , I really want one for my car. So as soon as you start the list for these Jake please put my name on the top of it , as soon as you have procing set I'll send you a deposit.

Oh yeah , it does blow the socks off the 911 shroud , now it not only does it performance wise it does it in the looks deparment too! :D


Doug Lucas (1971 Longevity Special)
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

Doug, will do. I still don't know if we'll be selling them separately as an option or just with engines yet.
User avatar
dbcflash
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2002 1:01 am

Post by dbcflash »

Okay, now thats one shroud I wouldn't paint. Absolutely incredible!
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

Thanks!
User avatar
Piledriver
Moderator
Posts: 22879
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 12:01 am

Post by Piledriver »

" . "

(The sound of drool running down my chin)

Looks absolutely stunning, and a copy should be in an industrial art museum.

Seriously.
Addendum to Newtons first law:
zero vehicles on jackstands, square gets a fresh 090 and 1911, cabby gets a blower.
EZ3.6 Vanagon after that.(mounted, needs everything finished) then Creamsicle.
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

Damn, what a compliment!
yetibone
Posts: 250
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2003 2:31 pm

Post by yetibone »

YIKES! :shock:

That looks absolutely sick dude!

I like the DTM over a Porsche shroud (other than the cooling advantages) for the gizmometry factor. looks more "engine-ish".

The DTM in C/F just puts it over the top! A very fine piece of work Jake.
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

Yet again, Thanks...
Joe is the one that needs the Thanks though! He has been working on this for 8 months!
yetibone
Posts: 250
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2003 2:31 pm

Post by yetibone »

Makes a Porsche shroud look like a Vornado fan under a blanket.

:D
User avatar
taozen
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue May 11, 2004 1:40 pm

Post by taozen »

and for those who don't know Joe, his work is top notch. i have quite a bit of his stuff (and hopefully a DTM soon :)) and am very happy with it all. his site will be back up this week too as soon as i confirm some stuff with him. no DTMs for sale there though :cry:. he will be throttling orders though. my guess is he might be a little busy with DTMs and he is a one man shop.
User avatar
BOYGENIUS
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:37 pm

Post by BOYGENIUS »

I love C/F and I would buy one if I didn't just buy a stage 3 DTM off of ebay. Maybe for my future 2270...
Locked