Page 2 of 3

Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:01 pm
by Kafer_Mike
You gonna do a Type1 too???

Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:04 pm
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
Nope, the Type I will NOT be available in Carbon Fiber....... They are way more mass produced than the Type IV units are.

Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:51 pm
by shambly
Fabulous!

If only I could have had it on my engine...... :(

Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:53 pm
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
I had really given up on it when all of a sudden he emailed me!

Simon, if you have a bit of time and can wait for testing we could install one for you before shipping.

Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:11 pm
by detailbarn
well I'm very happy carbon Joe came through with this one , I really want one for my car. So as soon as you start the list for these Jake please put my name on the top of it , as soon as you have procing set I'll send you a deposit.

Oh yeah , it does blow the socks off the 911 shroud , now it not only does it performance wise it does it in the looks deparment too! :D


Doug Lucas (1971 Longevity Special)

Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:46 pm
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
Doug, will do. I still don't know if we'll be selling them separately as an option or just with engines yet.

Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:12 pm
by dbcflash
Okay, now thats one shroud I wouldn't paint. Absolutely incredible!

Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:18 pm
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
Thanks!

Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:22 pm
by Piledriver
" . "

(The sound of drool running down my chin)

Looks absolutely stunning, and a copy should be in an industrial art museum.

Seriously.

Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:25 pm
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
Damn, what a compliment!

Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:40 pm
by yetibone
YIKES! :shock:

That looks absolutely sick dude!

I like the DTM over a Porsche shroud (other than the cooling advantages) for the gizmometry factor. looks more "engine-ish".

The DTM in C/F just puts it over the top! A very fine piece of work Jake.

Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:53 pm
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
Yet again, Thanks...
Joe is the one that needs the Thanks though! He has been working on this for 8 months!

Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:57 pm
by yetibone
Makes a Porsche shroud look like a Vornado fan under a blanket.

:D

Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:59 pm
by taozen
and for those who don't know Joe, his work is top notch. i have quite a bit of his stuff (and hopefully a DTM soon :)) and am very happy with it all. his site will be back up this week too as soon as i confirm some stuff with him. no DTMs for sale there though :cry:. he will be throttling orders though. my guess is he might be a little busy with DTMs and he is a one man shop.

Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:03 pm
by BOYGENIUS
I love C/F and I would buy one if I didn't just buy a stage 3 DTM off of ebay. Maybe for my future 2270...