compression ratio..

Who is the best person to rebuild your engine? You...
User avatar
2332 baja
Posts: 1662
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:27 pm

Post by 2332 baja »

If you decide to buy hand ported heads, the machinist may be able to guide you in the right direction. I've heard good things about Steve Tims, DRD, & AJ Simms hand ported heads on a few forums. And, I saw a good deal on Steve Tims street heads on the Samba. I'm using 1.25's for a total lift of 525. Haven't had a chance to put in on a dyno or take it to the local strip yet, but it's definately a fast car. It pulls good from around 2200 and great from 4000. It is supposed to run strong from 4 to 7200, but I have my rev limiter set at 5600 to keep me from overreving during break-in. I've got total seal 2nd rings and finally got them seated good after about 200 miles. I'm getting the itch to take the limiter out but I was told to put around 1000 miles on it first.
Guest

Post by Guest »

so I can have the motor built by cb performance without the heads and then order a set of hand ported heads from AJ and install them myself?




-Leo
Bklyn63
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:54 pm

Post by Bklyn63 »

didnt log in again sorry....

I have also heard good things about AJ's heads...the question is who should build my motor, CB or is AJ only good with heads?
User avatar
2332 baja
Posts: 1662
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:27 pm

Post by 2332 baja »

Yea, CB will build a short block (no pistons, cylinders, or heads) for you. That's what I got from them. And, I'm not sure if AJ builds engines, I do know that Steve Timms does. I've heard they both do great port work.
Bklyn63
Posts: 79
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:54 pm

Post by Bklyn63 »

I'll have to give them a call and ask..is 12 second doable in a full trim bug? considering Iselect the correct gear ratio on the tranny?
User avatar
Kenny2428
Posts: 2830
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 12:01 am

Post by Kenny2428 »

You might need a turbo for that. :twisted:
What year is your Bug?
Guest

Post by Guest »

63
Post Reply