Page 2 of 4

Type IV Store

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:14 pm
by Podunkjr
Man Jake, this is REALLY exciting and is EXACTLY what I have been waiting for! I will be purchasing a cam and ceramic lifters, and 30mm oil pump from you in the very near future (as in next paycheck)!

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:26 pm
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
Having the store here isn't impacting the engine department a damn bit! The only thing that it has done is allow us to keep every single part in stock that we would ever need.

The Engine department (Aircooled Technology) and Type 4 Store are about as separate as two companies could be. Even though they operate under the same roof they each have different business offices.

The Engine Department is for those who want a Top quality, highly refined complete engine with all the tweeks and a nice labor price tag and a wait of 9 months at the current backlog. Not everyone can wait that long or pay that much for our labor so they now have a choice for a Raby Inspired engine too.

The Type 4 Store will allow a similar engine to be built by an individual and to do so cheaper and easier than ever before. I can only do so much "Hand holding" and thats what I stress in the video.

I either had to hire more assemblers for engines (HELL NO) and risk problems with more employees or keep things the same and take the road that I chose with the Type 4 Store(Its alot easier to train someone to do parts than to build an engine with MY name on it). I am still an integral part of every engine build here and the Type 4 Store has it's own staff so once the store is operating at 100% I can work where I want, when I want and make sure things are going smooth in both departments.

We now cover every base with this engine.

BTW, Bayareathrasher entered the very first part in our very first spreadsheet back in May on a Saturday afternoon- Damn that list is alot bigger than it started out!

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:42 pm
by bayareathrasher
MASSIVE TYPE IV wrote: BTW, Bayareathrasher entered the very first part in our very first spreadsheet back in May on a Saturday afternoon- Damn that list is alot bigger than it started out!
It's come a long way since then - we were going between pointing to parts on the shelf and writing them down on a sheet of paper to picking part numbers from a 10 year old WAWD book. About 5 spreadsheets later, we had the basis for the inventory, and its probably been at least 5 more spreadsheets since then.

Remember how fun the cam section was?

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:45 pm
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
I'm still not done with the cams!!!

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:29 pm
by Piledriver
Oh, great, I can hear my wallet screaming already ;-)

Congratulations, Jake!

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:50 pm
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
All those discount prices are only good for the first week we are open!

I have never sold Videos that cheap before! Hell the engine kits haven't been that cheap since 98-99!

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:07 am
by Wally
Awesome Jake!
Be sure to let us overseas guys know when you are ready to ship parts overseas (preferrably by USPS).

Thanks,
Walter

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:23 am
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
I have all the international shipping already under control! I plan on shipping internnational atleast every 2 weeks, maybe once per week if the dollar stays as weak as it is now..

The only thing I'm not selling overseas is camshafts...

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:01 am
by samcat
:D Well done Jake, by far one of the largest developments for the T4 in a long time.

Will be having a chat with the bank today and putting my order down this afternoon (hopefully) for a 2270 kit with all the bells and whistles. :)

Thanks again,
Sam C

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:04 am
by Wally
Excellent!

I saw you also listed the 1:1,48 (Pauter) ratio rockers. I understood that you only used them in a street car if extra oiling lines were conneted to both heads because of the poor oiling of the rockers themselves (not being self-oilers?).
You mentioned once maybe modifying them yourself in the future.
Are these modified ones or are they unmodified (and for track use only or perheps also street)?

Thanks,
Walter

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:39 am
by davygrvy
Been lurking here and there, and I pop on tonight and JAKE'S GOT AN ONLINE STORE!?! :shock:

Where's my credit card? Great news.. You probably can't grow any faster.

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:41 am
by slowtwitch
WOW !!!!!!! Incredible!!!! Jake, the best of luck to you and I hope that you experiance many, many years of success. I recently aquired a 914 engine and spent hours planning out my rebuilt...looking for parts, how to convert fit my bug. I went to your site and it was alll there!!!

pete

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:23 am
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
WOOHOO!
I was finally able to get some sleep last night for the first time in a few months!

Orders are rolling in- I just hope we can keep all this stuff stocked as fast as it leaves here!

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:42 am
by bogaat
When you say "All those discount prices are only good for the first week we are open... ", does that mean the 'Our Price' listed on the engine kits is a temp discounted price or your regular price? Will the price go to the market price in a week? :?: I am sure I missing something. You the man Jake :wink:

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:18 am
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
The DTM and video prices are for one week only. Engine kit prices on the featured kits are also introductory because they don't incur core fees or charges for balancing for the first week.

Buy NOW!