Page 2 of 2

Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:30 pm
by mike373
Single...

Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:32 pm
by mike373
...and something that will last over 40,000 miles....so not too wild..

Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:33 am
by mike373
.....my wallet is still open..

Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:36 am
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
RAT 9530- No doubt.

I think I have one in stock..

Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:38 am
by mike373
Thank you...Jake.

Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:28 am
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
Sure!

Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:30 am
by Rowdy
Yes a recommendation!

Jake, my wallet has always been open. I've paid for many parts from members of this forum or from sources they have directed me to. In fact you have even received money from my wallet directly and indirectly. I am ready to spend some more, but only when I find the parts I need. What I'm not ready to do is spend money on a "black box" with the promise its perfect for me. Nor am I in the habit of trusting those clueless sales people who can't give me specifics, but are sure "my part is best and is exactly what you need". All I want is to do some research and gather my info so that I can make a smart buy. I was hoping this forum could provide this info without any sales people pushing their parts. Once I find out what I need and where to buy it, I will place the order.

Now, in my case I don't expect the peak performance only found with the best combo of parts. This is my 1st rebuild and I want to keep it simple and the costs reasonable. Therefore an off the shelf cam will probably do. My initial goal was to find out the cam stats that will work best for my application and then get a Web, FAT, Scat, RAT, etc. cam that matches. My second choice is for a recommendation for a specific cam like "you need a Web XYZ cam because..."

My engine is almost exactly like mike373. I can't recall if his is FI, but I've got dual Weber 44's. I also have Web lifters (#00-263) so I'm leaning toward a Web cam although will think about others if they will work well with those lifters (the stock billet is the same?).

So Jake, if you have a Web cam from the old billet I may be interested or maybe even one the from the new billet. I don't want to know any trade secrets, but I will need to know a little more about it before I buy. If intead you would prefer to recommend a specific cam from another source (Web, FAT, Scat, etc.) that would fine as well. If not, then how about a ballpark range of cam stats (lift, duration, etc.) so that I can seek out and pick between cams within that range??

Thanks! BTW, I do admire entrepreneurs, like Jake, who can take their passion and turn it into their work. We should all be that lucky. I'm sorry if I come across as demanding or an SOB, I'm just bugged about how difficult it has been to find the best cam for my project.

Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:56 pm
by mike373
Yo Jake.....would dual 40 idf's be ample for my setup? If so what kinda jets, etc do you recommend???

Thanks in advance,
Mike

p.s. I will be buying at least $1000 worth of parts from you in the next few weeks.

Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:11 pm
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
32mm vents, 125 mains, F11 emulsion, 200 air..

Yes, the 40s are fine

Rowdy, My cams are not designed to be general items. I know the traits of these cams and I suggest we talk on the phone to go over the details and narrow it down to a couple of different choices for you to choose from.

Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:31 pm
by mike373
Thanks man.....you rock!

Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:10 am
by Rowdy
Thanks Jake. I'm going to send you a PM with my engine specs so you can look it over before we talk. Like me, I know you are busy too so if you can make a recommendations based on what I send just go ahead and reply. If you instead still need to talk, please let me know when its best for me to call.