Page 2 of 4

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:41 am
by somordha
100 Bucks - No Problem here.

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:31 am
by Daniel G
I voted for $99.95 as well. Sure, that's almost my entire paycheck, but I pay more than that for some of my used college textbooks. In fact, the video will be of more use to me than some of my textbooks... :lol:


Daniel

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:43 am
by mfhead
What the heck.. 100.00 bucks is worth the investment.. although I'm putting a 2.1 wbx in tweets... information is information... and there is not a whole lot out there on the T!V that I consider worth the investment.. I'm sure there is some.. I just ain' found it.... and tweets next owner may want to restore the car... besides... keeping jake on the prowl is worth the small stake... :wink:

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:08 am
by Rescue912
I have the Bug Me video already and it is well done and covers quite a bit. To make it better than that one ain't gonna be cheap.

Do it well & it'll cost what it costs. I paid $75 for the Maestro's VHS tapes and don't regret a penny of it. Something in depth for the Type 4 *on DVD* would be worth $100...

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:09 am
by Guest
This post was removed by the moderator. It was created by a "guest" that did not offer any information pertaining directly to the topic, therefore the post did not follow the guidelines set forth by the rules of this forum and stated boldly and plainly for all to see.

Jake

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:25 am
by Cohibra45
Jake,

Just get me the paypal eddress and I will be glad to send the $100 for the DVD now. As you can tell, I voted for the best one that can be produced. I believe in getting what you pay for and as I want to get one of your kits, I will need all the help I can get to help me build the best engine I can.

Thanks,

Kelly

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:39 am
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
The video will definately be on DVD...

Thanks for the posts guys and the comments via PM with your requests of what you would like to see on the video.

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:49 am
by A_67vdub
$100 here.

The cheap bastids probably shouldn't be building high performance type 4's anyway.


Steve

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:54 am
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
LOL

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:56 am
by samcat
A_67vdub wrote: The cheap bastids probably shouldn't be building high performance type 4's anyway.
Just made me spit my coffee on the keyboard! Thanks!

;)

Sam C

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:41 pm
by dd-ardvark
To start off with, this comment is for those of you that have said,
"Screw the instructions, I know what I'm doing, I've been doing it this way for years".
Well, obviously you haven't been humbled by a rod sticking out where it shouldn't be
or a motor missing its flywheel and part of the crank and trans bellhousing.

Jake,
I've seen you push the envelope a lot tighter than I would on your R&D, for this my hats off to you.
I'm not rich by any means, and I'm not poor either, but I consider myself wise enough to recognize,
the information I stand to gain is far more than a 100bucks spent.

It's hard to put a dollar figure on Knowledge and Experience..., being that it's Performance Information,
it's like Crack, It sells itself.

dd-ardvark

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:43 pm
by Wally
MASSIVE TYPE IV wrote: I swear that if you guys honestly vote for those upper echelon prices that you'll get my brain on a silver platter...
I'am not sure if i want the last part of your quote.. :lol: but I voted the last figure as well :wink:

The exhaust testing is very cool btw; thanks man!

Best regards
Walter

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:45 pm
by Guest
From the moderator:
Guest, please follow by the rules of this forum.

If you wish to make a post please register here on the forums and provide a current email address so you can be reached if need be.

There is zero tolerance here for posts that suggest negativism from "Guests".

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:46 pm
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
Thats cool... Thanks buddy!

At this point the 80ish dollar price range may be best suited to the video cost, but who knows until we get it finished and add up the time it took and etc.. The big killer time wise is that the shop has to close for the entire time the video is being shot (at least a solid week) and when the backlog is at 11 months that really hurts....

Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:38 pm
by samcat
The muppets posts have been removed... So this is now a pointless post!


Sam C