SDS throttle body
- Tom Notch
- Moderator
- Posts: 3332
- Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2000 12:01 am
-
lowemp
- Posts: 32
- Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2002 1:01 am
Tom, thanks for the input.
Jake, this may get more simple than I thought.
I have been looking at the stock 2.0 intake plenum and runners.
each runner is 39cm long and has a volume of 390 cc
the plenum is roughly the same size as the one Charles sent me, 1800cc
There is room along the #1 runner to attach a 70mm pipe and fit the TB.
Then all I need to do is seal up the original TB port in the top. This also would route the intake air in the proper direction to attach it to the rear apron.
Charles runners were 30cm long with a 1800cc plenum.
Would the extra 9cm of runner length hurt this engine which I don't plan to rev past 6000?
Would the extra length help low end torque?
It seems that the stock plenum may meet my needs.
What do you think?
Michael
Jake, this may get more simple than I thought.
I have been looking at the stock 2.0 intake plenum and runners.
each runner is 39cm long and has a volume of 390 cc
the plenum is roughly the same size as the one Charles sent me, 1800cc
There is room along the #1 runner to attach a 70mm pipe and fit the TB.
Then all I need to do is seal up the original TB port in the top. This also would route the intake air in the proper direction to attach it to the rear apron.
Charles runners were 30cm long with a 1800cc plenum.
Would the extra 9cm of runner length hurt this engine which I don't plan to rev past 6000?
Would the extra length help low end torque?
It seems that the stock plenum may meet my needs.
What do you think?
Michael