Page 12 of 21

Re: Bonemaro's '73 Ghia

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:31 pm
by Bonemaro
Ewww... This is ugly.

Image

Image

Re: Bonemaro's '73 Ghia

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:47 am
by Bonemaro
Image

Re: Bonemaro's '73 Ghia

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:45 am
by Fiatdude
Your not suppose to grind that much metal out Bone LOL -- Oh, no metal there you say Damn -- glad I'm living in the norust zone WOW

Re: Bonemaro's '73 Ghia

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:50 am
by Bonemaro
I thought I was leaning on it a little hard, but damn...

Re: Bonemaro's '73 Ghia

Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:58 am
by crazy tarzan
better to fix it now, then down the road when it comes back again to haunt you!

Re: Bonemaro's '73 Ghia

Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:38 pm
by Bonemaro
Ok, well now I'm thinking Suby motor. STF members, why do you stick these ideas in my head?

Re: Bonemaro's '73 Ghia

Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:03 pm
by Bonemaro
Reading this forum not helping, I'm getting withdrawal from not working on the Ghia.

Re: Bonemaro's '73 Ghia

Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:28 am
by Fiatdude
Get into that frosty garage -- the feeling will pass quickly LOL

Re: Bonemaro's '73 Ghia

Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:02 pm
by Bonemaro
I need to build my dolly and get the body off this thing. I'm very curious what I'm going to be looking at once I get it stripped down.

Anyone have any tips on building one? I've read some concerns about supporting the doors and possible bending at the heat channels.

Re: Bonemaro's '73 Ghia

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:43 am
by Bonemaro
The more I think about this, creating door supports would be more for cabriolet models, wouldn't it?

Re: Bonemaro's '73 Ghia

Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:11 am
by Piledriver
Bonemaro wrote:The more I think about this, creating door supports would be more for cabriolet models, wouldn't it?

Kinda depends on how much rust is in the rest of the body...
Might want to consider having it media blasted as an assembly to see where you are.

Re: Bonemaro's '73 Ghia

Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:38 pm
by Bonemaro
Perhaps.

Re: Bonemaro's '73 Ghia

Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:01 am
by crazy tarzan
I tacked braces in after stripping the interior on mine. Was quick, easy and cheap insurance to help prevent any unwanted flexing. I also ended up putting in new heater channels as well.

Tack in an X, with a tack in the middle if you can, from just in front of the door to just behind the door on the other side.

Re: Bonemaro's '73 Ghia

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:41 pm
by Bonemaro
I got bored and "bolted" a Camaro steelie on the Ghia. Obviously bigger, but it got me to thinking. I wonder how wide of a wheel I could fit if I used those 4 lug to 5 Chevy adapters or if I could even find the right offset?

Anyone have a set of adapters laying around you want to part with?

Image

Image

Re: Bonemaro's '73 Ghia

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:34 pm
by Piledriver
If you go there, have the rotors//drums drilled, you can buy them predrilled and probably pre-studded for the Cheby bolt pattern.