Page 135 of 138

Re: CopperBaja's Baja

Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:08 pm
by birddog1148
Just put an amp in and use a MP3 player. :lol:

Re: CopperBaja's Baja

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:32 am
by CopperBaja
Leatherneck wrote:Looks good Copper, going to tie your CB into them too?
No. I have an external speaker under the passenger-side dash. Would be a cool idea to throw a relay on the key-line for the CB, so that when I'm using it, the sound through the speakers cuts out.

This weekend was quite busy....
Spent the weekend putting some Honda seats in my neighbors baja. Not sure what year Civic they're from. I'll get pics up. Baja5 will probably know, being the resident Honda expert.

Re: CopperBaja's Baja

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:45 am
by Ol'fogasaurus
Gosh, if I had know I would have sent you this: http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/pts/2422756054.html

Lee

Re: CopperBaja's Baja

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:58 am
by CopperBaja
His baja is more of a street car. His daughter just got her license...it's her first car. It's pretty cool that she likes it too.
It's a '68 S/A 1500SP. Basically stock with a body kit and a few interior goodies. I took pics...I'm slow at getting pics up lately with a 17yr old that's on the computer 24hrs/day. :roll:

Re: CopperBaja's Baja

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:49 am
by Ol'fogasaurus
I think that someone on the forum did the Brat seats in the rear of their Baja already but from what I can see, it really is a pretty good idea… if they are not used all the time. I could see that they could get uncomfortable if it was the only seating available… all the time. I especially like the idea of the handles for the rear passengers to cling to when going down a hill sideways, better than a couple pairs of hands around the drivers neck squeezing during the same maneuver. Now if someone could figure out a fold away set of handles that could easily be lifted when needed and stored when not; shouldn't be too hard to do.

Lee

Re: CopperBaja's Baja

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:59 am
by CopperBaja
birddog1148 wrote:Just put an amp in and use a MP3 player. :lol:
Looking at a cheap radio on Amazon. Want a CD player with Aux input for that reason. I had one saved for the baja, but it went into the Pathfinder...the stock radio was thrashed. I have 2 small amps, one of which will go in the baja. Need a couple small tweeters and 3 or 4" speakers for the front.

Re: CopperBaja's Baja

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:33 am
by Getrdone
My CD player worked before its first desert run, never since. The aux. jack for sat. or Mp3 was the ticket. The laser got knocked out of alignment I think.

Re: CopperBaja's Baja

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:38 am
by ntsqd
radios built to go in tractors:
http://www.heavydutyradios.com/all_products.html
no experience, yet. Bought one, but the vehicle isn't yet drivable.

Re: CopperBaja's Baja

Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:25 am
by CopperBaja
Getrdone wrote:My CD player worked before its first desert run, never since. The aux. jack for sat. or Mp3 was the ticket. The laser got knocked out of alignment I think.
That was quite a shock that you sent to the cd player. ;)

Re: CopperBaja's Baja

Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:29 am
by CopperBaja
Planning on something simple...cheap.
$65 for this one...I have it in my F350.

Re: CopperBaja's Baja

Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:07 am
by Lotrat
I just put that one in my Baja. Pepboys had them on sale a few weeks ago. I still don't know what to do with the remote that came with it.

Re: CopperBaja's Baja

Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:07 am
by Ol'fogasaurus
The remote is for the people in the back seat or the car next to you.

Lee

Re: CopperBaja's Baja

Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:39 am
by CopperBaja
How much was the Pepboys deal?
Mine will be mounted in the glovebox, so the remote might come in handy. Be cool to open it up and extend the IR sensor to a spot on the dash-sill. 8)

Re: CopperBaja's Baja

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:52 pm
by CopperBaja
I don't have much to report, so I thought I'd finally post pics of my neighbors baja.
DSCN5375 (Small).JPG
1500SP
DSCN5377 (Small).JPG

Re: CopperBaja's Baja

Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:54 pm
by CopperBaja
Here are the seats I put in.
DSCN5376 (Small).JPG
DSCN5378 (Small).JPG