Page 17 of 17

Re: S.O.B. build - on The Salt is off road ;)

Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:43 pm
by TimS
Kyle,

Not trying to be a pest, but are you still thinking of running on the salt this year?

Re: S.O.B. build - on The Salt is off road ;)

Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:56 pm
by kyle_pc_75
Not going to run this year. My dad had some serious health issues and I couldn't quite pull it together. I'll be out there to spectate and support for sure!

Re: S.O.B. build - on The Salt is off road ;)

Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:02 pm
by TimS
Ha! I knew it! You do check the forum :wink:

Best wishes and hope your Dad is getting better.

Re: S.O.B. build - on The Salt is off road ;)

Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:57 pm
by Big Dave
Did they cancel WOS this year? I guess the thunderstorms dropped too much rain and the salt is too soft.

Re: S.O.B. build - on The Salt is off road ;)

Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:36 pm
by BAJA-IT
Yes they did. Too much water on the salt.

But there is a BBQ at Black Line Saturday afternoon. They were going to do it out at the salt. They had already bought the burgers and dogs, so they are doing it at the shop instead.

Re: S.O.B. build - on The Salt is off road ;)

Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:54 pm
by kyle_pc_75
I've worked on it a little in the last two days, getting the engine pretty much buttoned up (fitting tin, exhaust, seals, etc.) and got it installed. I still need to reinstall the alternator pulling, have to find the parts first...it's only been a year or so. :roll: I also spent a bunch of time beating the front and rear fenders and aprons into shape so the hood, decklid, and bumpers actually all fit together.

Image

I also did a little painting. Hey, I'm not afraid to admit defeat. It'll run on the Salt someday, not this year. I will be out there Sunday, the 7th spectating, though.

Image

The Bajamungus has seen a little love, too. I'll fill you all in later.

Re: S.O.B. build - on The Salt is off road ;)

Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:14 pm
by 560
See ya out there.

Mike