Page 3 of 15
Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:15 pm
by Jason C
fgrir wrote:
Where am i ?
Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:39 pm
by Jason C
runslikeapenguin wrote:
where did you buy it i want one
Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:41 pm
by Jason C
Skidmark wrote:I vote Top Dash award to Desertguy... where did all those trophies go?
Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:43 pm
by Jason C
bajaherbie wrote:where is leather's magic 8-ball when a person needs it?
Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:05 pm
by Jason C
turboblue wrote:Where is the plug wire for #3 cylinder?
Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:20 pm
by doc
I saw the product at the Eureka show with Leather and Hedrock. Super nice piece. First rate machining. Many thanks to Ken and Tulsa Motor Sports for their generosity. This will make a great prize for the winner. Good luck to all!!
doc
Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:23 pm
by david58
Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:32 pm Post subject:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ya he said he would need a tank-top so his head can fit through.
wow... where's the love?
Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:24 pm
by zancat
Jason C wrote:bajaherbie wrote:where is leather's magic 8-ball when a person needs it?
if that's not it I'll be surprised. lol
Zancat
Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:47 pm
by david58
Could you hurry up Leathernck I hope you can read faster than you can hunt and peck.

It's almost herbies bed time.

Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:04 pm
by david58
Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:51 pm Post subject:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hiding a cup holder on a VW bug??!! Oh, David... that's rich!!! Tell us another funny one! I love good jokes!
I have been contemplating where to put one in mine for a while now - there isn't a good spot at all that won't get in the way and still be reachable while driving. Having access to a bottle of cold drinking water while driving would be great, especially in a convertible when you are not first in line (you end up sucking everyone's dust). I really like this design for off road, but the wife heard about it and thinks $30 for a cup holder is ridiculous. I just need to hide the costs better on my toys...
Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:07 pm
by david58
Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:07 pm Post subject:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skidmark wrote:
Hiding a cup holder on a VW bug??!! Oh, David... that's rich!!! Tell us another funny one! I love good jokes!
I have been contemplating where to put one in mine for a while now - there isn't a good spot at all that won't get in the way and still be reachable while driving. Having access to a bottle of cold drinking water while driving would be great, especially in a convertible when you are not first in line (you end up sucking everyone's dust). I really like this design for off road, but the wife heard about it and thinks $30 for a cup holder is ridiculous. I just need to hide the costs better on my toys...
http://www.desertrat.com/products/?id=4105
Kewl drink holder, but
where can you find room for it?
Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:12 pm
by david58
Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:21 pm Post subject: Where do you ride your buggy?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was supprised to here that some states do not allow you to make a buggy street leagal. So where do you ride? In Michigan We can make ours street leagal if we fill out some forms and have it inspected by the police and the secretary of state. So than we can drive it anywhere. I like to take snowmobile trails durring the summer, they go for miles. Also where they cross ORV routes I have a ORV sticker. On state land I can take any two track unles it is closed or does not allow wheeled vehicals. We also have sesonal roads that are hardly a road but great for buggys. Quades are not allowed on them because they don't have a licence plate so I don't have to watch for them. So in a day I can drive a trail until it ends and hop on a road to the next trail and keep on going. We also have Silver lake park with sand dunns on Lake Michigan.
I am interested in what others do with thier buggys and what thier state allows, and if I drove my buggy down thier roads with a Michigan license plate would I get a ticket?
Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:16 pm
by david58
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:21 pm Post subject: Where do you buy parts from?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Was wandering where you guys buy your parts from. Do you buy from local place or online. If online who do you buy from?
Always looking to safe a buck if possible.
Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:26 pm
by david58
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 1:52 pm Post subject: Gas tank solution
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think the best place to mount one is in the passenger compartment
where the drivers seat used to be. Just throw a pillow over it and, of course, mount some seat belts and you won't have to worry about how to mount aftermaket seats to the VW seat rails.
Also, you can throw out those cruddy old Corbeau seats and the weight distribution will be better than if you put the fuel cell in the backseat.
You're welcome.

Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:47 pm
by Leatherneck
Doing great guys no winner yet.