Page 3 of 15

Re: 300+ hp V8 conversion

Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:16 pm
by joosep
Some little progress :)

Image Image Image Image

Re: 300+ hp V8 conversion

Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:02 am
by joosep
Couldn't hold back :D

Image

Actually it have to wait for its time. My plan is to get it going as it is. Naturally aspirated. When its driveable I start connecting this big boy under the lid.

Re: 300+ hp V8 conversion

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:36 am
by ttriebler
Oh hell yes !

Re: 300+ hp V8 conversion

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:19 am
by panel
Looks like the deck lid might even close on this project :)

Re: 300+ hp V8 conversion

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:23 am
by fastback
cool! i like the idea.
keep us posted

Re: 300+ hp V8 conversion

Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:54 pm
by ryans88gt
Finished yet??

Re: 300+ hp V8 conversion

Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:14 am
by joosep
Unfortunately there are some problems with calculating the rear axcel.
I wanted it to have possibility to chance antisquat (as you can do on fourlink axcel) and wanted to chance it by 25% just bolting it to another holes.....but there are more than one think to calculate because changing arms location needs to change the location of the parts that keep rear axcef for not steering. (Hard to explain because of my bad english)
But now there are about 30 files in the computer and quite soon I have all drawings for cutting all parts with lazer. I already bought 20 uniballs. I have rear brakes, bearings etc.

I have a-lot of work todo but I have to do it because of the money for my bug.
I've ben turbocharging about 5 cars with that time....included with megasquirt ecu install and tuning.

but I gave a little touch to my hy55 turbo compressor housing ;)
Image

It will be turbo I think.

I have worked with flywheel and clutch too. Its as cheap as possible....lets talk about it when it holds :)

Re: 300+ hp V8 conversion

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:57 pm
by ErikTande
joosep wrote:
Image
Wow I love the look of the back end with the exhaust like that.

Re: 300+ hp V8 conversion

Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:46 pm
by joosep
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Re: 300+ hp V8 conversion

Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:22 am
by panel
Lots of engineering.....wow.

Re: 300+ hp V8 conversion

Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:19 am
by joosep
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Re: 300+ hp V8 conversion

Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:34 am
by joosep
Image Image Image Image Image

Re: 300+ hp V8 conversion

Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:41 pm
by panel
Very cool build. Always look forward to your updates!

Re: 300+ hp V8 conversion

Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:44 am
by joosep
Thanks man, I hope to get it on wheels in a month.
biggest problems after that are rear coilovers. My friend who builds it in a computer is too fucking smart and tells me something about resonanze freaguencys but he can´t calculate it yet when he don´t know its actual weight.....but my wallet don´t want to hear that anyway :D Im building it with my own little money and use some scrap parts mostly :( you notice it when you look my flywheel or clutch.

when its on wheels it needs some cooling, some tubes and pipes, clutch cylinder and after that a new wiring for MS2 (I cant get it working with stock ecu because there are too many different trigger and vr sensor locations on that engine....eaven every different gearbox has its own.) Megasquirt is not a problem for me. 1 day for wiring and 1 day for assemblyng MS and it starts.

deem I forgot that actually is the biggest problem with switching gears. I decided to use compressed air for that. And already waiting some solenoids and cylinders for that :) Another friend is making me a controller for that....every move needs some delay. It comes with mosfets because relay reaction time is too long. In a future (next year) I hope to just push a button on the wheel and it shifts up and down with a shiftcut and with a clutch when its needed.

I really hope I can make a 1 pull on this year. I have about 3 months for that. Then we see does it goes to left / right or UP

Re: 300+ hp V8 conversion

Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:21 am
by joosep
Image Image Image

Little plan change....I had to cut few things I made before. But its really good to see it in place :D