Type I DTM- It's Perfected!!!!!

This forum is for any discussion related to Aircooled Technology, the DTM shroud and Massive TypeIV engines. You may read and search this forum, but you can not post to it.
bugsterkafer
Posts: 784
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2003 5:30 am

Post by bugsterkafer »

:?: but there is no thermostat am I right?so the cylinders are always being cooled? do you think it could work too, in a small city with a lot of traffic jam?
because here in winter it's often like below 0 temp, so if the engine is cooled when I have just started it.... and when I'm waiting for 5 or 10 minutes on the 1st light.... do you think the results could be good though?
:roll:
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

If the climate is that cool the benefits of the shroud may not be that much for you.
User avatar
dstar
Posts: 3733
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 12:01 am

Post by dstar »

bugsterkafer wrote::?: but there is no thermostat am I right?so the cylinders are always being cooled? do you think it could work too, in a small city with a lot of traffic jam?
because here in winter it's often like below 0 temp, so if the engine is cooled when I have just started it.... and when I'm waiting for 5 or 10 minutes on the 1st light.... do you think the results could be good though?
:roll:
Sounds like you need to invest in CHROME valve covers,
to hold the heat IN, and not worry about increasing the
cooling ability of your bug!
:lol:

Don
bugsterkafer
Posts: 784
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2003 5:30 am

Post by bugsterkafer »

thanks Don I did not think about it! :twisted: damn chrome tins won't see my engine:never! :wink: :D
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

They were part of a cold weather kit that VW used on Arctic engines... Even a chrome sump plate!
bugsterkafer
Posts: 784
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2003 5:30 am

Post by bugsterkafer »

yes I saw this kit on a 67' bug from Finland it's very interesting:you give electricity and it warms oil before you start your engine
Thanks fro your honesty Jake you could have told me it was possible to use your shroud , like some guys would have dared to!
:) :)
User avatar
slackin' at work
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2003 11:21 am

Post by slackin' at work »

jake, I didn't see this on your site... but how wide of an engine can the t1 dtm cover? Im running a 2332 and it comes in just under .5 inches wider than stock.

thanks.
glad to see you finally got it.
-chris
Guest

Post by Guest »

slackin' at work wrote:jake, I didn't see this on your site... but how wide of an engine can the t1 dtm cover? Im running a 2332 and it comes in just under .5 inches wider than stock.

thanks.
glad to see you finally got it.
-chris
That's only .25 inch on each side.

They sell block off plates for that in the VW Rags........
click on the Moore's parts banner at the top!

Don
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

I have .220 shims on the 2332 test engine and it fits fine. Just required a bit more trimming around the manifolds.
bugsterkafer
Posts: 784
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2003 5:30 am

Post by bugsterkafer »

little missunderstood guys: I was talkin' about 0 Celsius degrees... same answer Jake??? :roll:
Locked