Exhaust system test graphs and pics posted
- Tom in PA
- Posts: 639
- Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2003 3:18 pm
Jake,
I must have been half asleep when I emailed back about the BAS graph. I was comparing it to the bas graph with the stock mufflers, not the open header graph. I actually lost power compared to the open header. I still may want to go that route though because I really don't want the buggy to be too loud and the magnaflow will prob work better than most things I'll find for it. We'll see. PS thanks again for the graph, amazing info from these tests!
Tom in PA
I must have been half asleep when I emailed back about the BAS graph. I was comparing it to the bas graph with the stock mufflers, not the open header graph. I actually lost power compared to the open header. I still may want to go that route though because I really don't want the buggy to be too loud and the magnaflow will prob work better than most things I'll find for it. We'll see. PS thanks again for the graph, amazing info from these tests!
Tom in PA
-
seahag
- Posts: 394
- Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:15 pm
exhaust tests
Jake, Thanks for all effort and time you have expended on gathering data on the various exhaust systems. What would be of great interest however would be to see the comparison of the FAT system compared to the others. The reason being is that I have a type4 in my daily driver Meyers Manx, and the other systems will not clear the cage/rear bumper assy. The bumper brackets that are bolted to the frame horns interfere with any other system. This is why I feel it would be of importance to include the information gathered on the FAT system along with the other respective results. Thanks again.
-
MASSIVE TYPE IV
- Posts: 20132
- Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am
-
Volcano
- Posts: 256
- Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2002 12:01 am
Hi Jake,I have two questions.Will there be anything available for busses and what Magnaflow model did you use.I'm trying to find a nice sounding muffler sustem.I have room for two.I'm using a 4" round on the right and a 4" x9" x 18" on the left.Thanks.Great test by the way.Now I await Kit Carson with F.I.Regards,Roger
-
MASSIVE TYPE IV
- Posts: 20132
- Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am
-
seahag
- Posts: 394
- Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:15 pm
exhaust system test
Jake, Good to know Tiger is fabricating an exhaust system for Bajas and Manxes, however I would still be veryinterested to see the performance numbers tha were produced by the FAT system because I feel that its performance has been maligned by some. Your printing of these results would put to rest the questions held by many on the actual performance results of the FAT system. Granted, it may not be as pretty as the other systems, I feel it would be fair however to include the results of the FAT system along with the other systems tested. This way everyone could see the results across the board. Then after that if you wanted to test the new baja/Manx system that Tiger is designing, you would have a baseline for the testing of "offroad" exhaust systems.
-
MASSIVE TYPE IV
- Posts: 20132
- Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am
I planned on posting the results of the FAT offroad system when I get the A-1 offroad system tested. I thought it was only fair to compare apples to Apples in this regard.
If you want to see the test results from the FAT system feel free to email me and I will share them directly with you as long as you agree not to share them with others until the next portion of testing is finished.
If you want to see the test results from the FAT system feel free to email me and I will share them directly with you as long as you agree not to share them with others until the next portion of testing is finished.