Welcome to the 4th dimension- Watch the video here!

This forum is for any discussion related to Aircooled Technology, the DTM shroud and Massive TypeIV engines. You may read and search this forum, but you can not post to it.
User avatar
raygreenwood
Posts: 11914
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2003 12:01 am

Post by raygreenwood »

Mharney...just pay half for now. I have a shack out back you can hide in. Worry about the rest of it next year. Spend the other half on engine parts. Your room mate will be a vietnamese pot belly pig...(previous tenant baggage...but a clean pig :lol: ) Ray
User avatar
Plastermaster
Posts: 2762
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2001 12:01 am

Post by Plastermaster »

I finally got to watch the video. The sound has not worked on my computor for a few days, but my son just showed me how to use head phones, the little smart ass. LOL

You really out did yourself this time Jake, and did what NO one has done before T4 wise. With the engine kits, you have basically created your own market. Tell us how much labor you have in these kits to make them work...I believe you mentioned sometime back that there is a good bit in preparing these kits so thetre will not be clearence problems and so forth.

I'm still glad I had you build mine, heck, I'd loose half the parts in my garage. LOL

Ron
User avatar
Tom in PA
Posts: 639
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2003 3:18 pm

Post by Tom in PA »

Jake,

I must start by saying CONGRATULATIONS!!

I spent over an hour last nigh going through the store. Just watched the video. Very nice. I can't wait until you have more up on the store site so I can go check it out. Fortunately for my wallet, I'm knee deep in a couple other projects at the moment. Once I get time, I'll be logging on for a cam, oil pump, gaskets, bearings, header, etc.

Great job :D :D :D

Tom in PA
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

Thanks Tom!
User avatar
speedy57tub
Posts: 1259
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2001 12:01 am

Post by speedy57tub »

:shock: AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!!!!!
AMAZING JOB JAKE, congratulatory regards are at order! You really outdone yourself. I am definitely planning this year to build those two powerplants for my two cars with your parts and suggestions! I do have some more excess Type I and IV part sell locally or auction off and I should raise some of the needed funds fairly soon. :wink: I think I'll post them on the forum too. :)

Man you got me going in my head :!:
Last edited by speedy57tub on Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
speedy57tub
Posts: 1259
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2001 12:01 am

Post by speedy57tub »

By the way, when do you sleep???? :?:
nak45z
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:26 am

Post by nak45z »

are all these kits build on type 1 cases or what, i have been aquiring with a shop out of california about a new type 1 engine. what are the benefits of having a type iv. i have not been able to fine a section for turn key ready engine. i would be interested on a 2056 cc type iv going into a 71 super beetle german look which i am only lacking an engine.....

mike from texas
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

Totally different, much more refined and more heavy duty engine than a Type I. Start doing searches and reading here on the STF to educate yourself! See the Type4rum here for all the answers you need!

The type4store.com is parts only...and engine KITS
www.aircooledtechnology.com is my site for our custom Turnkey engines, start reading there.
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

Totally different, much more refined and more heavy duty engine than a Type I. Start doing searches and reading here on the STF to educate yourself! See the Type4rum here for all the answers you need!

The type4store.com is parts only...and engine KITS
www.aircooledtechnology.com is my site for our custom Turnkey engines, start reading there.
User avatar
tuna
Posts: 2531
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2000 12:01 am

Post by tuna »

nak45z wrote:are all these kits build on type 1 cases or what, i have been aquiring with a shop out of california about a new type 1 engine. what are the benefits of having a type iv. i have not been able to fine a section for turn key ready engine. i would be interested on a 2056 cc type iv going into a 71 super beetle german look which i am only lacking an engine.....

mike from texas
You might want to check out my web site for information on the Type 4 and what makes it different from the Type 1. Type 4: Secrets Revealed

Tuna
User avatar
Ephry73
Posts: 3369
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2001 12:01 am

Post by Ephry73 »

Bravo Jake!!! Bravo!


Ephry
User avatar
davygrvy
Posts: 263
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:49 pm

Post by davygrvy »

nak45z wrote:what are the benefits of having a type iv. i have not been able to fine a section for turn key ready engine. i would be interested on a 2056 cc type iv going into a 71 super beetle german look which i am only lacking an engine.....

mike from texas

Here's a seat of the pants description of what Jake's 2270cc "C" engine is like and what 156HP feels like: http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=75363
User avatar
taozen
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue May 11, 2004 1:40 pm

Post by taozen »

huge congrats Jake! it made for an interesting weekend making a few changes at the last minute, but it all worked out. as you can tell, i don't stress easy. :D

glad things are rolling and based on the bandwidth usage (minus the video) i just looked at, there are many eyes on the store. hope many of those are translating to sales.

this really is a landmark time. who, outside of Jake, thought they would see this kind of dedication to the TIV? congrats again!
User avatar
jonas_linder
Posts: 1587
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2002 12:01 am

Post by jonas_linder »

Your new storesite is really good and looks pro!

Good luck in the biz jake ;)
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

If it wasn't for Zen and many of my other friends that worked late nights- The Type 4 Store would have missed it's debut!

Zen, Thanks buddy!

Thanks to everyone for all the kind words!

It seems as if my plan is working, many, many emails from guys wanting to go the TIV route for the first time!
Locked