Most HP AND Most Torque!

This forum is for any discussion related to Aircooled Technology, the DTM shroud and Massive TypeIV engines. You may read and search this forum, but you can not post to it.
User avatar
Plastermaster
Posts: 2762
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2001 12:01 am

Post by Plastermaster »

Anonymous wrote:VW_Chuck had a reasonable question...

Jake made an excellent reply...

...which would have been better off without all of the defensiveness, aggression and name calling.

Everyone needs to calm down a bit. Do you all believe that Jake is exempt from a little skepticism now and then? If you're going to make exceptional claims then expect to be challenged now and then. If you're confident in what you're doing then their's no need to act out in this manner.

I have great respect for Jake's abilities and accomplishments. I recommend that you all find some balance and learn a better way to reply to the occasional skeptic.
I see nothing reasonable about the question. ONE post from somebody trying to be a smart ass. She could have known the answer just as well as the rest of us before running her mouth. There was only one intent, and beleive me it was not to find out any info, or too learn anything, but soley to be offensive. My ass hole assesment stands. It has nothing to do with jake. I would reply the same regardless of who was being questioned in such manner.

Ron
vw_chuck
Posts: 235
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:04 pm

Post by vw_chuck »

TO all Jake's henchmen.Why must you alway butt in, the question was directed to Jake not you. DO you retards even have cars? DO you have anything that can run any numbers,NO, except in your fantasy dream world. Get a car that runs and then you can speak. This forum should be like the Hardcore VW forum if your car doesn't run a certain number in the quarter than you can't post. That would get rid of 90% of the riff raff on this forum.
I see Jake is back to his ways of erasing any posts that don't agree with him.
Jake, I asked a simple question in the beginning and was attacked once again If you are gonna brag about how much power your engine will make then at least have the balls to take the criticism when it doesn't make it.
All the tuning in the world isn't gonna give you 80 hp naturally aspirated.
Common sense, if you have a big torque monster your horsepower will suffer and vise a versa. You can't have the best of both worlds.
Also once you bolt on the correct induction system then you are gonna lose some of the lowend torque and gain hp.
Also my 2275 will not make 175 ft/lbs at 3000. THe cam is made to make HP not torque. If I put a smaller cam in it it may make that but is doubtful. You can only make so much power in the lower RPM's given a set displacement. Hp is unlimited because the more RPM's the more hp, given the heads can support the flow.
Also what exactly is a cam designed for fuel injection?
And plastermaster do us all a favor and plaster your mouth shut. You find everything offensive and derogatory.
bayareathrasher
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2002 12:01 am

Post by bayareathrasher »

vw_chuck wrote: All the tuning in the world isn't gonna give you 80 hp naturally aspirated.
LOL!

I'll just wait for Jake to reply to that, although I'd love to correct you...
User avatar
synthesisdv
Posts: 211
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:08 am

Post by synthesisdv »

vw_chuck wrote:TO all Jake's henchmen.Why must you alway butt in, the question was directed to Jake not you. DO you retards even have cars?
Hey, at least we're all passionate about our sport. I don't pretend to know alot about engines but I knew enought to let Jake build mine. It eats 110 leaded and revs to 7500 rpm, and its one of his "mild" motors.

I never measured the power at the rear wheels but I'd love to give chuck a 2 lap headstart on any roadcourse, I doubt it would take more than a couple laps before he saw my rear bumper.
User avatar
Plastermaster
Posts: 2762
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2001 12:01 am

Post by Plastermaster »

vw_chuck wrote:And plastermaster do us all a favor and plaster your mouth shut. You find everything offensive and derogatory.
No, Just you. You want to have an Ass Hole contest with me? Why should I keep my mouth shut and you not? You ask for some poop and you got it. I'm here till banned.
.......Well on second thought, I got a toilet to clean. Have fun.

Ron
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

I won't even waste my time....

I will BET that the EFI and the capability to actually breathe will give me atleast 30 more HP alone!

Fact is that any time we do something for the very first time all we have is a projection... Thats all we had till I got the dyno numbers from an optimized engine this first time around.

Sometimes it takes 10 tries+ to find the combo that the engine likes and this one is not going to be any different.

I don't exactly categorize a cam change and EFI install as "Tuning"- But I will get the power out of this combo that we projected. (tuning means jetting and timing and maybe a venturi swap)

Chuckee Cheese... Where are your Dyno graphs??? Whats your CR how much do your heads flow??
JonR400
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:38 am

Post by JonR400 »

Well, another post on here, and I'm only a new guy.

Why the hostility about all of this ? What we've got here is someone who's stretching the boundaries of something many people are interested in, and we've got people who are hostile towards it. I don't want to fit a T4 motor to my car for personal reasons, but I regret that there's no-one putting the same sort of effort into taking the T1 motor forward.

I wish someone would step up to the T1 plate, but I don't see it happening. In the mean time, best of luck to Jake with the T4 revolution. If you like his products and attitude, buy into them. If you don't then vote with your dollars and stay away. We've all got that choice.

Having said that, I think some of the posts on this forum are a little sycophantic, which makes it easy to take pot shots. But Jake has built a brand, and aren't people always proud to show their alliegance when they've bought into a brand ?

I don't automatically buy into every word Jake Raby says, but I respect and admire anyone who can put so much effort and dedication into something they believe in. That doesn't mean I share all of Jake's beliefs, but I do respect him for what he does.

I think we're all selfish in the final analysis, and I'm glad Jake Raby is around, because of what he is doing for the aircooled engine and the positive impact I hope that will have for me one day. I hope he keeps doing what he does, because it takes a lot of strength of character to make the sort of impact Jake has made.
User avatar
NO_H2O
Posts: 526
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2002 12:01 am

Post by NO_H2O »

vw_chuck wrote:TO all Jake's henchmen. DO you retards even have cars? DO you have anything that can run any numbers, Get a car that runs and then you can speak. This forum should be like the Hardcore VW forum if your car doesn't run a certain number in the quarter than you can't post.
Also my 2275 will not make 175 ft/lbs at 3000. THe cam is made to make HP not torque. If I put a smaller cam in it it may make that but is doubtful.
I got a car. It runs pretty good, it turns and stops even better. But I bet you are a simpleton strait-line only kind-a guy. I bet you got some skinny @$$ 135's on the front with disc brakes so you can lock up the fronts with those tiny contact patches that wouldn't stop a Radio-Flyer wagon pulled buy a dog. Drag racing isn't the focus of this forum, I would even say that road racing is followed buy more folks on this forum. The people here are more interested it building a durable cool running type 4 that can scream all day long,,,,,, not just for a few short seconds. If you want to post some numbers, go to a track that takes real driving skill and post some lap times from a road or autocross track. If you can't then go back to the "Hardcore" drag racing forum and "F" with your own crowd.
Yes we know your 2275 won't get close to 175 ft/lbs at the wheel,,,,,,,bet you cant drive it all day either. You can have all the HP,,,,,,,,I'll take the torque numbers.
User avatar
Chico Performance Racing
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:36 pm

Post by Chico Performance Racing »

The little engine I built for Steve Sheets only made 140.8 hp and 148 tq at the dyno day but it only cost about 5000.00 What can we get from Jake for 5000.00?

P.S I had a great time guy's thanks for everything.
vw_chuck
Posts: 235
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:04 pm

Post by vw_chuck »

For 5000 I can build a 1915 turbo with SDS injection that will eat any NA type 4 alive (3.0 included). If you are paying any where near that price for a type 4 you are surley getting ripped. Wow that gives new meaning to "There's a sucker born every day"
I never knew how much a rebuilt type 4 costs from Jake,Crazy.
I can't even bust balls any more on here since I feel bad for you all.
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

Chico, Nice to see you here... The cheapest engine I assemble is about 6,500.00 and thats a stockish 914 rebuild. The 5K will get you a 2270 engine kit that will make around the same power as what Sheets engine did on my dyno.

Chuck,
This forum is for the promotion of Aircooled Technology. It was implemented here about 2.5 years ago for this purpose.

This forum was NOT created for the criticism of my developments and testing and I refuse to be a target in my own forum.

There will be a bit of "house cleaning" in here from now on and basically if you have something negative to say you better damn sure do it somewhere else.

This thread is going no where and I will use the key on it. Get used to this type of administration from now on and you guys better keep it positive or the key will be used more often.

Its pretty plain and simple..

If you don't like me, don't believe in me or think I'm a fool- Don't open this friggin forum! If you do open the forum you are taking on the responsibility of thinking outside the box and I won't listen to your BS and criticism when I have enough hurdles in my quest for modern Aircooled Engines.

I don't care if people don't like me... Over half the US population didn't like the President and he still got elected......

I am here for good and my ways won't be changing. Get used to those ways or don't open my forum, my posts or my websites.

Nuff said- Thread locked.
Locked