The Super Efficient engine project- 40+ MPG- 110HP!
-
MASSIVE TYPE IV
- Posts: 20132
- Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am
- Plastermaster
- Posts: 2762
- Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2001 12:01 am
-
MASSIVE TYPE IV
- Posts: 20132
- Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am
- the_troupster
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:19 pm
-
74Shagenwagen
- Posts: 118
- Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2002 12:01 am
It's just a simple matter of supply and demand. The fast developing countries, like China, are thirsty for fuel. that's what is driving up the cost. Don't blame "W". When you take into consideration the overall cost of living as compared to ten or twenty years ago, we're still not paying that much for gas.
- slowtwitch
- Posts: 533
- Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:38 am
Compared to what I made twenty years ago, Then I should be making $200 grand a year now74Shagenwagen wrote:It's just a simple matter of supply and demand. The fast developing countries, like China, are thirsty for fuel. that's what is driving up the cost. Don't blame "W". When you take into consideration the overall cost of living as compared to ten or twenty years ago, we're still not paying that much for gas.
BTW, This engine is a great idea.
-
max power
- Posts: 247
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2003 10:19 am
i have to say, this is a great idea. I want a type 4 for massive torque for loaded down vehicles, long road trips at interstate speed, and the inherent reliability; add great mileage into the mix, and sounds like the perfect engine for a camping vehicle.
my turbo question was more a generalization. are turbos more efficient or would they have to pump more fuel for all the air they cram in there? I'd be laughed out of the forced induction forum if i asked this there; i'm just curious
matt
my turbo question was more a generalization. are turbos more efficient or would they have to pump more fuel for all the air they cram in there? I'd be laughed out of the forced induction forum if i asked this there; i'm just curious
matt
-
Guest
-
MASSIVE TYPE IV
- Posts: 20132
- Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am
Waiting is the hard part- But we are much faster with kits than ever before and the price is better as well..... The real parts of the kits that are slowing us down are the heads and the balance and prep work simply because it takes a ton of time..
I doubt that I will offer this mileage engine as a kit, tuning will be it's biggest key and chances are that the tuning will be way different than a conventional engine due to super high efficiency and the lack of need for fuel or spark.
I doubt that I will offer this mileage engine as a kit, tuning will be it's biggest key and chances are that the tuning will be way different than a conventional engine due to super high efficiency and the lack of need for fuel or spark.
-
MASSIVE TYPE IV
- Posts: 20132
- Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am