Page 3 of 46

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:11 am
by Piledriver
I was thinking of using the heavier pipe JUST for the collector.

Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:46 pm
by jonas_linder
So.. I haven't updated in a while :roll:

The engine has been built and the car has been cut a little more :twisted:

Here is a pic from todays work taken by my mother!

Image

The intercooler is laying on top of the fanhousing! The firewall has been cut at the top and I gained alot more access from inside!

Sorry for not giving a more detailed pic than this, my mother was busy taking pictures of me instead of the car :oops:

Feel free to ask!

More pictures tomorrow ;)

Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:32 am
by Eddie Brown
Good stuff Jonas! I see that you've done a T1 (Cali style) conversion like mine. I noticed that you seem to be running an 8 injector set up?. Can you provide any more info on that?. Maybe some pics of your intake manifolds?. They look good!!

Here's my conversion. I've thought about turboing this conversion (1911) before I do my 2.6ltr motor.


Image

Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:37 am
by jonas_linder
Eddie Brown wrote:Good stuff Jonas! I see that you've done a T1 (Cali style) conversion like mine. I noticed that you seem to be running an 8 injector set up?. Can you provide any more info on that?. Maybe some pics of your intake manifolds?. They look good!!
Yes, the stock coolings looks bad in a bug!

That is my homemade intakes! Lasercut flanges, 1-5/8 runners, 3" plenum and the bend on top is 2.5"!

That is 2 saab9000turbo injectors/cylinder! They are 286cc and I'm running them in MS in staged mode! So, in low revs/no boost only the injector nearest the head is squirting! The second injector is a backup!

This way I get a nice resultion and good idle and have that extra that is needed sometimes 8)

That is the only picture of that one ready.. here is the engine in the mockupstage:

Image

Image

Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:18 am
by Eddie Brown
jonas_linder wrote:
Eddie Brown wrote:Good stuff Jonas! I see that you've done a T1 (Cali style) conversion like mine. I noticed that you seem to be running an 8 injector set up?. Can you provide any more info on that?. Maybe some pics of your intake manifolds?. They look good!!
Yes, the stock coolings looks bad in a bug!

That is my homemade intakes! Lasercut flanges, 1-5/8 runners, 3" plenum and the bend on top is 2.5"!

That is 2 saab9000turbo injectors/cylinder! They are 286cc and I'm running them in MS in staged mode! So, in low revs/no boost only the injector nearest the head is squirting! The second injector is a backup!

This way I get a nice resultion and good idle and have that extra that is needed sometimes 8)

That is the only picture of that one ready.. here is the engine in the mockupstage:

Image

Image
Thanks for the pics Jonas!. That's just an example of what can be accomplished when we use our imagination. You just gave me a ton of ideas. Keep the pictures coming!

Good luck.

Eddie.

Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:33 am
by jonas_linder
Thanks, Eddie!

I like thinking outside the box! I think to much... :?

Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:16 pm
by slowtwitch
Hi Jonas,

Just want to say thanks for posting your progress. Your work has given me some great ideas and inspiration :D I look forward to your post. Keep up the great work.

pete

Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:29 pm
by jonas_linder
I hate my job!! My day ends at 18:15 and I get to the garage at 19:15.... when you start to get something done you have to quit :(

Okay.. here is todays update!

Trialfitted the exhaust to see that it really fitted the way it did when I made it :roll: and to my big suprise.. it did :D

Took all the stuff of again, taking down the engine to do the final work on it prior to installation!

Here is todays pictures!

For eddie :wink: :

Image


It's alot of room :roll:
Image

Inside view:
Image

A better picture from the back!
Image

Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:57 pm
by Eddie Brown
Cool Jonas! what are your plans for a throttle body?. Are you going to inter cool or charge cool?. Neat stuff. I'm sure we'll ask you more questions along the way...

Eddie.

PS. I forgot to ask about those velocity stacks in the intake system. How did you come up with the concept of those in there?. Inquiring minds need to know :)

Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:57 pm
by Can Drive Soon
You said something about re doing them in stainless.. See if you could rent a TIG welder, they do a very good job as looks and weld quality, takes moer time thought but like a popular equation goes time=money. Usually you get what you pay for. Just tossing in an idea.

Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:07 am
by jonas_linder
Eddie Brown wrote:Cool Jonas! what are your plans for a throttle body?. Are you going to inter cool or charge cool?. Neat stuff. I'm sure we'll ask you more questions along the way...

Eddie.

PS. I forgot to ask about those velocity stacks in the intake system. How did you come up with the concept of those in there?. Inquiring minds need to know :)
The intake will look the same on the other side.. connected over the generator. From the middle there will be a bend under the generator and the throttlebody will be where the red "box" is on the picture..

It will be intercooled.. it lies on top of the fanshroud (blue box!)

Image

About the velocitystacks.. I traded them for a TB with a friend! We have had many discussions about intakes and he stol my idéa( :roll: :wink: ) Anyway.. velocitystacks is good for flow!!

Here is two links to his typ3 fastback turbo!!

SORRY SOMEONE HACKED THE SITE AND MADE THIS LINKS WORTHLESS :cry:

http://www.vwairheads.org/e107_plugins/ ... albumId=70

http://www.vwairheads.org/forum_viewtopic.php?11.4976

SORRY SOMEONE HACKED THE SITE AND MADE THIS LINKS WORTHLESS :cry:

Ignore the language on the second link and press "nästa" (next in swedish!) to see the next page


Enjoy ! ;)
Can Drive Soon wrote:You said something about re doing them in stainless.. See if you could rent a TIG welder, they do a very good job as looks and weld quality, takes moer time thought but like a popular equation goes time=money. Usually you get what you pay for. Just tossing in an idea.
Hmm.. I don't think I mentioned stainless ? but maybe I have :D Anyway! ;)

TIGwelding would be best, but I have no TIGexperience and no TIGwelder! This works great, look on the above links!

Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:53 am
by snader
hello, what kind of camshaft are you going to use??

gr.sander

Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:02 am
by jonas_linder
WEB#73
- web #73
- reworked heads with finishing touches by racing green motorsports( http://www.racing-green.com/eng/index.html )
- scat deepsump, schadek 30mm oilpump
- 1-1/2 header with stub-pipes, all flanges lasercut
- upright cooling, cali style
- Homemade intake system.
- MegaSquirtNExtra with 2 injectors per port, staged
- Mitsu. TD04HL-15t
From my other thread...

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:44 am
by snader
keep up the good work!!

gr.sander

2.0l t4

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:38 pm
by badbug
Hi Jonas,
How much power do you think you will make.