Got some stuff done this weekend.
I triple checked cam timing and it is right on with the cam card.
I triple checked the rocker geometry by Pauter's instructions.
Got the adjustable pushrod length set.
Measured and determined I needed to cut 2.87mm off each end.
I started parting off the CB chrome moly tapered pushrods and part way through the lathe quit.
The mill motor also would not run so I knew it was in the control circuit.
Found that the main contactor had a contact burnt.
Of course it was in about the most difficult place to get to.
Ordered a replacement, but the contactor controlled both the hot and the neutral so I moved the hot to the good contact and temporary junctioned the neutrals so I could continue.
So 2 hours later I was back at it and finished cutting them.
Cleaned them inside with rubbing alcohol and a small but long handled test tube brush.
Won't be using that brush for test tubes, they were filthy with grease inside.
Today I used a piece of aluminum at one end and an old lifter at the other to install the ends with a 3# hand sledge.
They turned out between .01mm to .07mm shorter than the intended 287mm, but that is insignificant.
Weighed them for s&g and they weigh 105.8 grams.
Cleaned out the AA cylinders that CB hones for the Wiseco Pistons (which I also plateau honed) with lacquer thinner and cheese cloth multiple times then immediately put a little WD40 on them.
Wiped them as dry as I could and applied Total Seal Quickseat powder.
They turned light grayish green which it says they will in the instructions if they are clean enough.
I previously had gapped the rings and balanced the pistons so I used some TS assemby lube on the rings and installed them.
Wiped a little on the skirts, rod bushings, pins, and pin holes.
Got them installed into the barrels just far enough I could still install the second spiralocks later.
Cursed a bit installing the spirolocks, but my first time using them as previously I had pistons cut for double snap rings.
Took the checking springs off the heads and installed just the outer original springs for cam break in.
I hope it isn't really hard to get the new Manley LS springs on with air and the spring tool I had to make a custom shaft for with the larger Pauter rocker studs.
The LS springs CB used so long ago had lost about 10# at the seat so better safe than sorry.
Gapped 8 new plugs and out of the 8 only 2 would index correctly without washers.
Went through the remaining ones cylinder by cylinder with 3 sizes of indexing washers and found only 2 of the remaing ones that indexed to my liking with washers.
Put a smidgen of Permatex ultra copper silicone on the case where the barrels seat.
Installed the barrels and pistons and pins and spiralocks.
Put the 0.040 copper gaskets in the heads and put them on.
Put a smidgen of the ultra copper on one side of the 4 washers that go inside the rocker box.
Torqued the bolts per Bently first to 7 then 23 ft/#.
Was going to pull the cam bolts one by one and put locktite 262 on them but couldn't find the new bottle I had just bought a week ago.
Decided to call it and went to the house and there it was still sitting on the kitchen table.
