Two years isn't bad for an update...right?
Well, to be fair there hasn't been a lick of VW fun to update this thread, until now.
Long story short, my innovate lc-2 wideband had been giving me guff for the last two years, and I just could NOT figure out what in the world was going on. It was a tuning nightmare, and it was literally like I was chasing my tail with every single change or update to the car that I thought was causing the problems.
Most recently me and my tuning partner, engine building, chief pit crew extraordinaire Jim helped me cross the bridge and help make the changes to finally allow my car to be useful and race worthy when he stripped his whole AFR set up off of his car and we slapped it on mine in the midst of a Midnight Madness race event. We did it in just 30 minutes too. Zip ties and all, the first run down the strip was literally like night and day difference. The car tuned appropriately and cells were adjusted per the "Easy" setting of Autotune.
My turbo beetle and Jim's 74 Chenowth in the pit lanes. Only aircooled VWs on the night making a statement with both of us running 13s on the night.
Labtop tuning and logging set up.
First run changed all the cells quite nicely, although I still hit the AFR safety set up, just because they were so off initially...but then run 2 with the new set up ran completely different and actually let me put the pedal to the floor while rolling through each gear, where previously it would (typically) hit the AFR safety switch due to terrible AFR readings. But then, it wasn't until the 3rd and final run of the night with the new set up that I was 100% satisfied and ready to actually devote some time to this car and the set up again. Full throttle in each gear and the car actually took it all and ran like I had always thought it should have.
Staging of the final run with Jim's buggy.
So with all that said, I FINALLY got into the 13s, which I have wanted to do since the day we built the new 2084...and there is a LOT more room for improvement to easily get us in the 12s or below.
Final run of the night with the turbo powered 2084 running a 13.3, and Jim's N/A 2084 running a 13.9
I'm happy to finally have gotten my dumb issues figured out for the most part, and happy to be back on this build thread again. Looking forward to some more updates this summer, and really looking forward to posting my inevitable 12 second runs in the future.