Page 4 of 12
Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:01 am
by thrown_hammer
So back to the beam bushings. The dimension I need to measure is the OD of the bushing right? The ID of the bushing should be standard right? The beam could be non standard but the arms should be standard….right?
Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:27 am
by Leatherneck
Yes the O.D is what you need but to make sure that there are no hiccups I would measure I.D. and have them varify that too. Also if you would measure the O.D. of the arms and post that for us. For the little bit of extra time it will take care of worrying if it is the right one.
Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:43 pm
by thrown_hammer
Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:40 pm
by Leatherneck
YOU,YOU ARE THE ONE, PAST COUPLE OF DAYS I HAVE BEEN GOING TO WORK SINGING THAT FRICKEN SONG. Could not for the live of me figure out how it got in my head.
Some how some way I will get you back.

Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:50 pm
by scott the viking
Totally...
Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:07 pm
by thrown_hammer
Ever since I got my new carb SpongeBob is running like a dream. I am loving life. It's supposed to be 40 in the morning so I spent the afternoon with expanding foam and seam sealer filling all the drafty areas in front of the car. Also mounted my ceramic heater in a strategic location to keep the fog off the window. Can't wait for another He-man Indiana winter!

Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:29 pm
by MNAirHead
thrown_hammer wrote:He-man Indiana winter!

I'll play liar's poker with the low temp this winter.
Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:44 pm
by thrown_hammer
But do you drive your Bug everyday? And I mean EVERYDAY?
Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:18 pm
by MNAirHead
No... my rail

Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:35 pm
by Leatherneck
Yea this winter hopefully have pics to show.
Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:39 pm
by MNAirHead
I'll have to snap some winter rail pix...
Ice racing in a rail is one nutty ride.
T.
Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:20 am
by thrown_hammer
MNAirHead wrote:No... my rail


You win.
Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:00 am
by scott the viking
OH YEAH....well I ride a motorcycle with nothing more than a tank top, a pair of camo shorts and flip flops....AAAAND when I get where I am going...I stretch my hand out on the gas tank and smack the end of my finger with a tack hammer. I have recently been building a shield to try and prevent any of the engine heat from providing me with comfort.
Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:26 am
by Leatherneck
thrown_hammer wrote:But do you drive your Bug everyday? And I mean EVERYDAY?
MNAirHead wrote:No... my rail

I have to raise the B.S. flag on that one.
Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:03 pm
by otis
Uh, Leather--if you've been paying attention on these forums, that's one pretty worn-out flag if you're gonna raise it ever time. Hope you've got a supplier for cheap replacements.
And the Hoosier winter has to be tougher--just because that's the way I remember 'em as a kid. You know, walking those 5 miles to school...
in waist-deep snow...
into the wind...
uphill....
both ways
Dang, I miss having a real winter! What they call winter here in Tulsa wouldn't even be considered a cold autumn back there.