Page 4 of 17

Re: S.O.B. build

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:11 pm
by kyle_pc_75
Well, I got tired of looking and not finding any good deals, so I used whatever monthly discount CIP1 was having on big orders and got a set:

Image

Hope to get some tires mounted next week before I head off to Texas and then I'll have a roller!

Kyle

Re: S.O.B. build

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:38 pm
by kyle_pc_75
...and new front shoes...

Image

Though I'm a freakin' idiot and forgot to take my arms and balljoints down to the big city with me, so for now they sit there. :roll:

Kyle

Re: S.O.B. build

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:43 pm
by Leatherneck
Looks good, as far as the idiot part, well we have all been there done that!

Re: S.O.B. build

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:42 pm
by bajaherbie
speak for yourself, leatherneck....
:lol:

Re: S.O.B. build

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:57 am
by Big Dave
Its O.K. Kyle.

I made a mistake once.

:D

Re: S.O.B. build

Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:02 am
by BAJA-IT
Leather, I think Herb is saying he is still there!!!

Re: S.O.B. build

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:24 pm
by kyle_pc_75
Back end is now on rubber. I took my arms and balljoints down to ACE...they're not sure they have the right tooling to press them in and have been looking around for a few days, lol. BS'ing with the guys today, I found out one of the mechanics at work has the right tools at home and did my friend/coworker's Type1, so I may just run back down to the city and get my stuff back. I'll be nice to Art and buy some parts, though. He's helped me out a bunch with parts and advice on the Zenith.

Image

Kyle

Re: S.O.B. build

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:34 pm
by TimS
Those fronts look really nice. I don't think you shared make/model/size?

Re: S.O.B. build

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:57 am
by BAJA-IT
Kyle, if you don't find someone to do your ball joints let me know, I'm sure I could press them out and in for you.

Re: S.O.B. build

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:28 am
by kyle_pc_75
Sorry...

31x10.5x15 Goodyear Wranglers on 15x7 on the rear
7.00x15 Hercules HDT on 15x5 on the front

BAJA-IT, thanks for the offer. I never imagined I would have any difficulty finding anyone to do it!

Kyle

Re: S.O.B. build

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:26 pm
by Qurtys Lyn
Tires look good!

But will it be ready by Wendover? :lol:

Re: S.O.B. build

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:54 pm
by TimS
Thanks Kyle. [hijack]Is there good reason to bring your baja to wendover if your not going to race it?[/hijack]

Re: S.O.B. build

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:46 pm
by kyle_pc_75
ts39136 wrote:Thanks Kyle. [hijack]Is there good reason to bring your baja to wendover if your not going to race it?[/hijack]
Prerunning. :D I'll be there for six days helping set up and tear down, but I'll be in my other Baja. Not sure the horse-drawn VW buckboard would cut it.

Kyle

Re: S.O.B. build

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:22 pm
by Lotrat
kyle_pc_75 wrote:7.00x15 Hercules HDT on 15x5 on the front
My local hookup for the HDTs is gone, did you buy them new? What's the going price for them? If you don't mind sharing.

Re: S.O.B. build

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:40 pm
by kyle_pc_75
I bought them new at a Hercules dealer. I called ahead and there was a set about 50 miles away. $109 apiece. I asked them if there had been any rumors of imminent discontinuation, and they said no.

California dealers: http://www.herculestire.com/locatorHercules/ca.htm

Kyle