Page 4 of 10

Re: Urabus...it's in the works

Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:59 pm
by 883
Just went out for a quick look, but I don't see either of these gazintas on my na 2.2. Sorry, no turbo, no helpo. :(

Re: Urabus...it's in the works

Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:56 pm
by RonW
Panel,
i found this pic and it looks to go to the crank case vent. the other hose going to that same vent i routed to the breather along with the vents from each valve cover.

Image

the other pic i am having a hard time visualizing where that is.

Re: Urabus...it's in the works

Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:00 pm
by panel
Ah......PCV valve.........I forgot I took it out.

I'll post a farther away pic of the breather tomorrow for clarification :wink:

Re: Urabus...it's in the works

Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:55 am
by panel
RonW wrote: the other pic i am having a hard time visualizing where that is.
Image

Re: Urabus...it's in the works

Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:37 pm
by RonW
panel,
damn dude, youre a fawking hair gorilla aint ya ;)

i checked my motor and i dont have that port. sorry no help.

Re: Urabus...it's in the works

Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:57 pm
by panel
Sorry to ask so many stupid questions but did you do away with this metal cross over tube(yellow arrows)? That's basically what I have. Right now the intake is off for cleaning up some other tubes not used and I'd like to get rid of this metal cross over tube if all I need to do is run them to my breather boxes.

It looks like Britain just 'T''s his valve covers to his breather box also and then one goes maybe to the ground ?

Image

Re: Urabus...it's in the works

Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:09 pm
by RonW
panel,
I did leave it on and unmodified.

Re: Urabus...it's in the works

Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:34 am
by panel
Not much of an update but got my turbo drain back from my Dad. I like it. Clean and simple. Now I can run an AN style off of it. Used to be a straight flared pipe coming off of it.

Image

Re: Urabus...it's in the works

Posted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:50 pm
by panel
Got a couple more bits back from my miracle worker :wink:

Oil feed from block to turbo:

Image

Coolant on block cut down and re-positioned for heater core delete(for now)

Image

And another coolant mod on the back of the block (cut/shortened re-positioned etc)

Image

Re: Urabus...it's in the works

Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:03 am
by panel
Found a really good layout of my plan........

Image

Re: Urabus...it's in the works

Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:04 am
by panel
Got my two into one 1 3/4" merge collector back from my Day for Father's Day 8) Added the in/out water fittings from Earls.(Coast Industrial) and the oil drain is on there now too.

Image

Image

Re: Urabus...it's in the works

Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:11 pm
by panel
Got some smaller little things taken care of. I saw a lot of guys flipping their coolant manifolds around so the outlet faces the front of the vehicle. At first I wasn't even going to take the intake off but seeing as though it won't be on the road this summer I think this will give it a cleaner look and more of a direct shot at the radiator. It's not really flipped but re-located.

Original way(below)

Image

Aftermarket sender location on left 1/8NPT and the OEM coolant location on the right.

Image

Image

Image

This hole will be blocked off (welded in the below pic)

Image

I also was trying to get an AN fitting from my bulkhead to go from 3/8 to 5/16 for the fuel supply line and Coast Ind. was coming up empty and online so I cut off the original hard line and will get a 3/8 steel fitting tiged on there. This actually in the end is a nicer way for the fuel layout than I was going for. Originally it was coming in right near the return line above the intake manifold and kinda looked ugly.

Complex curved steel line routing

Image

Clean and simple routing

Image

Re: Urabus...it's in the works

Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:46 am
by Ghia Nut
Really interested to see
•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
how this one pans out.

Re: Urabus...it's in the works

Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:04 am
by panel
Got a little cleanup work done on the alternator mount. There sure was some unused castings on this thing that were ugly and needed attention.

Before

Image

After

Image

Image

Re: Urabus...it's in the works

Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:50 pm
by panel
I've been collecting some more goodies:

These are some aluminum block off plates so I can relocated the 'IN' side I'll go with one big 'in' rather than two 'ins'.

Image

Image

K & N from GCVW this summer

Image

Image

VSS Vehicle Speed Sensor from Amazon

Image

Throttle cable stop. The OEM one looked bad and I only needed the one hole

Image