Page 4 of 7
Re: 2276 build
Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 6:30 am
by buguy
I wouldn't really mind building a 1915. It would certainly cost waaay less. Really all it would cost is some heads. Maybe some pushrods. And as I said, probably a new header.
Re: 2276 build
Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 6:37 am
by Schweg
I’m curious to see any up size on engine and the boost levels your running. I think a 1915 would be awesome! Even more so if you have everything!
I’d go 90.5/92 heads if you step up to a striker crank latter you have all the parts just need a new crank.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Re: 2276 build
Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 7:27 am
by buguy
I would have to use 94mm heads because I already have the pistons and the case is cut for 94's. If I don't use those the build can be whatever.
The pistons are cast AA's so I will have to be careful not to spend too much on this.
Re: 2276 build
Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 10:42 am
by madmike
please don't use those pistons

Re: 2276 build
Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 12:01 pm
by buguy
That's what's in the mouse! But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit nervous about it.
Re: 2276 build
Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 12:40 pm
by Schweg
Fair, I feel like you could run the AA pistons just be safe with the tune, kinda like the stock pistons
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Re: 2276 build
Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 1:26 pm
by buguy
I will be extra careful

Re: 2276 build
Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 2:18 pm
by rubenski
Re: 2276 build
Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 3:33 pm
by buguy
Really it will be a tough decision. I am teetering between Panchitos and mini wedges. The mini wedge would be damn near $1200 by the time I get them decked out. That's a lot of bucks to throw a cast piston at. Especially on a stock rod. And a stock crank.
Re: 2276 build
Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 3:39 pm
by Schweg
buguy wrote:Really it will be a tough decision. I am teetering between Panchitos and mini wedges. The mini wedge would be damn near $1200 by the time I get them decked out. That's a lot of bucks to throw a cast piston at. Especially on a stock rod. And a stock crank.
If... and I am not in your shoes so I’m spending money I don’t have. I would go Panchitos.
Toss the extra cash at a fordged set of 94 and a counterweight crank. Stroke of your choice. Then your good to hammer on it for a bit.
Though I get the draw of the mini wedge I feel like the turbo equalizes some of the the gains you might get from a better head.
Also heads are easier to swap then pistons or a crank.
Just my thoughts.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Re: 2276 build
Posted: Tue May 12, 2020 5:01 pm
by buguy
Makes sense. But if I did forged and a stroker I would definitely want at least mini wedge... Maybe super pros.
I've been putting 30 psi to cast pistons for nearly a year with no problems. Not that it means it would be the same on a 1915...
Re: 2276 build
Posted: Wed May 13, 2020 5:16 am
by madmike
x2 with panchitos see if u can get them 42x37.5's? my hand ported 044's work great and I've had them on 2 or 3 different motors

they are getting up their in age

I've only changed the dual springs once

just because,,, I didn't have valve float just thought it was time

Re: 2276 build
Posted: Wed May 13, 2020 5:34 am
by buguy
Panchitos are 40x35 only. Far too small for a killer 2275.
Probably be pretty good on a 1915 though.
Re: 2276 build
Posted: Wed May 13, 2020 3:24 pm
by madmike
yea ur right, I've done Back to back testing and you'll want to go with the bigger valves
Re: 2276 build
Posted: Wed May 13, 2020 5:52 pm
by buguy
That's odd. The mini wedge have 43x37.5 valves and the wedge have 42 (or 44) x37.5.