The 12:1 Beast lives! Just fired it!

This forum is for any discussion related to Aircooled Technology, the DTM shroud and Massive TypeIV engines. You may read and search this forum, but you can not post to it.
mharney
Posts: 3365
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2002 12:01 am

Post by mharney »

Anyone know what the Westach dual CHT with a couple 12 mm ring terminal sensors costs roughly? They don't have pricing and I haven't had time to call them during the day.
User avatar
A_67vdub
Posts: 752
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2002 1:01 am

Post by A_67vdub »

This page has a price list.

http://www.frostalarm.com/cat/




Steve
mharney
Posts: 3365
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2002 12:01 am

Post by mharney »

Yeah, I found it.. I didn't look hard enough the first time. Thanx.
User avatar
VielziDub
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2003 7:06 am

Post by VielziDub »

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is the engine (type/ stroke / size) ?

Sounds like the high compression motor is a real different beast! :twisted: I love the idea of testing something so close to the edge :shock:

Cheers,
Dan
69bug
Posts: 1495
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2001 12:01 am

Post by 69bug »

VielziDub wrote:Sorry for my ignorance, but what is the engine (type/ stroke / size) ?

Sounds like the high compression motor is a real different beast! :twisted: I love the idea of testing something so close to the edge :shock:

Cheers,
Dan

http://www.aircooledtechnology.com/r_d_engine.htm
mharney
Posts: 3365
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2002 12:01 am

Post by mharney »

Ok, so I got my case back and the steel sleeves are really rough looking, like someone took a round rasp on a drill chuck to them. They are not smooth like the mag bores were. Is this a normal thing? I mean if the reaming is true, and the grooves retain oil better, it could make sense but I am not used to seeing internals look rough like this. Opinions?
User avatar
Kelley
Posts: 855
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2002 12:01 am

Post by Kelley »

got a pic?
What you say has validity, retaining oil,,,,, somewhat, but from what I've heard, they should be as smooth, if not smoother than the mag ones. Show us what you have.
User avatar
cnavarro
Posts: 455
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2001 12:01 am

Post by cnavarro »

Mark,

Post some pictures. Jake will have my mag case soon too and we'll have a second case to compare against. I do have a sleeved t4 case and it wasn't pretty- I hope that it doesn't look like what we're getting!

Charles Navarro
LN Engineering
http://www.LNengineering.com
Aircooled Precision Performance
mharney
Posts: 3365
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2002 12:01 am

Post by mharney »

Here is one such.

Image
User avatar
Class 11 streeter
Posts: 4083
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2001 12:01 am

Post by Class 11 streeter »

:shock:

Dude, that can't be right............it looks so..........scary...........
So you think your project is taking forever eh? Well you've got nothing on me.....
User avatar
cnavarro
Posts: 455
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2001 12:01 am

Post by cnavarro »

Yeah, I hope my case doesn't look like that too... can't be right, but we need someone to chime in that has had this done before or has done it themselves to be sure. I can't forsee it damaging the lifter in any way, since we've already determined that they are indestructible, but worth investigating. I do have to say it looks better than the type 4 case in my store room though.

Charles Navarro
LN Engineering
http://www.LNengineering.com
Aircooled Precision Performance
mharney
Posts: 3365
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2002 12:01 am

Post by mharney »

Yeah, it's sure got me wondering. Does not seem right to me. I'm not sure how they could have done a match job to the lifters with those, they just seem so.. rough. I think it must be a screwup.

So what should the bore diameter be on them, Charles?
User avatar
sparkmaster1
Moderator
Posts: 1978
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2001 1:01 am

Post by sparkmaster1 »

Damn..... My king pin reamer leaves a smoother finish than that...
Owner Tim's ACVW Engine/Trans Service
MASSIVE TYPE IV
Posts: 20132
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:01 am

Post by MASSIVE TYPE IV »

I had them install the sleeves for me, then I remed my own to size. Being that rough won't wear the lifter- nothing will wear those lifters!
mharney
Posts: 3365
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2002 12:01 am

Post by mharney »

Well, the lifter may survive, but with the reduced contact area, will the sleeve survive, is the question.

I called and they wanted me to send a picture. I did it and I await a phone call from them.

Oh, and Charles, yours in in process right now. Maybe you wanna call them about it.

Mark
Last edited by mharney on Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Locked