Page 39 of 45

Re: Turbo Gallery

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:03 am
by turbobaja
That engine looks like it came out of an airplane...where's the Turbo? :P

Re: Turbo Gallery

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:42 am
by Stripped66
turbobaja wrote:...where's the Turbo? :P
Sitting on a shelf.

Re: Turbo Gallery

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:11 pm
by flatfour3000
Here is our turbo Pauter in our sand rail.

Re: Turbo Gallery

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:41 pm
by Steve Arndt
Jason, did you have a 96 plate plus fan or just passive air flow? Is the small Setrab working out? I think you said on the samba that it was working even better. Just curious if you ran a fan before.
Steve

Re: Turbo Gallery

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:16 pm
by Stripped66
Steve, I didn't run a fan with the 96-plate oil cooler, just passive airflow. I would estimate the 96-plate had better airflow based on where it was located compared to the Setrab. The Setrab is really compact, but it is a much better design, and so far it seems to work great without the fan.

Re: Turbo Gallery

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:17 pm
by Stripped66
BTW, here's my contribution to the gallery: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_ ... ts=summary

Re: Turbo Gallery

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:56 pm
by shag55
Nice! How well does the 911 cool compared to the old 36hp set up?

Re: Turbo Gallery

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:04 am
by Stripped66
shag55 wrote:Nice! How well does the 911 cool compared to the old 36hp set up?
I didn't have thermocouples on the old set-up so I couldn't tell you. FWIW, the 911 shroud hasn't been a walk in the park... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=372579

Re: Turbo Gallery

Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:01 pm
by bo
No one make fun but this is my little toy engine i have been tinkering with.

Image

Re: Turbo Gallery

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:04 am
by madmike
I hope this loads :D ? My 1915 with a Predator Carb 8) Now to install the new Wheelie bars :mrgreen:

Re: Turbo Gallery

Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:21 pm
by 2165 Turbo Rail
I just stumbled back onto this site after not being here for a while... I got a call from the guy that bought my turbo rail wanting to sell it...so I started digging up old info and ended up here...

its crazy how many people are doing turbo now.. when we were building mine back in '03 there weren't many turbo's out there and now EVERYONE seems to have one!

here's mine
2165
(off memory) 10psi 130hp on 93oct 18psi 234hp 269tq c16
holley 600
tcs10 cam
6.99@92

Image
Image

Re: Turbo Gallery

Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:28 pm
by 56speedster
Looks nice 2165 Turbo Rail! Welcome back to the fun!

Back in '03 not everybody had cell phones either but they seem to have taken over the human interaction of todays world. :D Turbo's are a lot more fun though in my opinion.

Re: Turbo Gallery

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:21 pm
by rich74310
Heres mine actually in the car :mrgreen:

Image

Re: Turbo Gallery

Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:55 pm
by brookester
I'm getting ready to put my engine in. Converted from draw through to blow through. The car has been down nine months so I miss it.
Image

Re: Turbo Gallery

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:13 am
by 56speedster
Looks good! I bet you can't wait to be back on the road. I can't imagine having my car down for that long.