Page 5 of 8

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:38 pm
by OLD FART
Hello all, my name is Joe but most call me OLD FART.

My son, Jerry, I picked up this 1962 a couple-a-weeks ago. It looks like the previous owner had a never-ending supply of BONDO :lol: but we shall over over come.

Image

Image

Image

We are going to do a total disassembly restoration-mod.

I would like to find a thread where I can find out about 6-v to 12-v starters. Would appreciate somebody giving me a map to get there. :wink:

Re: Let's see your Karmann Ghia

Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:10 am
by Ghiaddict
Image
1974 purchased this year from Arizona.
Installing body side trims now, getting ready for FL Bug Jam.

Re: Let's see your Karmann Ghia

Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:07 am
by CalLookVWs
56 Euro model I plan to restore after I finish my 60 ragtop daily driver and 59 ragtop turbo car. It has 100& matching numbers (motor, trans, body to pan, doors, decklid, hood, beam etc.) and I'm STILL going to have a hard time not building a VERY large motor for it....36hp and a split case trans is just not my style at all lol
Image
Image
Image
Image

Re: Let's see your Karmann Ghia

Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:01 pm
by 70ghiavert

Re: Let's see your Karmann Ghia

Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:30 am
by david58
70ghiavert wrote:1970 Convertible Project
Image

Image

Mazda Rotary 13B - Camden Supercharger w/ Holley 650
Image

Image
Use [ img][/img] to post pics not :wink:

Re: Let's see your Karmann Ghia

Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:13 am
by CalLookVWs
70ghiavert VERY clean car and well done engine install. Usually motor swaps looked hacked...this is one of very few that look like it could have come that way. Nice job!

Re: Let's see your Karmann Ghia

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:38 pm
by 70ghiavert
Thanks! Still have ways to go. Currently completing wiring gauges and methanol injection Before the interior work begins.

Re: Let's see your Karmann Ghia

Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:32 am
by kpghia
Image

Re: Let's see your Karmann Ghia

Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:31 am
by stronzini
My 62 - pics are around 4 years old.

Re: Let's see your Karmann Ghia

Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:35 am
by Charles R
My '68. "built to run" :twisted:
Image

Image

Image

Guest driver
Image

Image

Image

Heck, I'll toss in a couple vids too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9t19uiR1ak

And in-car
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1dW9Qz2wn0

Re: Let's see your Karmann Ghia

Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:03 am
by david58
Your car has a personality all it's own.

Re: Let's see your Karmann Ghia

Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:30 pm
by Bugsnstuff
Charles I like your car. My '70 is rusty and stripped bare and handles like a go cart.

Re: Let's see your Karmann Ghia

Posted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:43 pm
by ghiadude
CIMG0697.JPG
This is my 69.

Re: Let's see your Karmann Ghia

Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:29 am
by 9244tony
1969 Karmann Ghia Convertible Show Car - over $25,000 invested (documented)

Currently on sale NOW on eBay... I am funding a new restore project. Don't miss out.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Re: Let's see your Karmann Ghia

Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:31 pm
by MRRAGPICKER
There is a type 1 "for sale" forum, that is where this post belongs.