Page 5 of 6

Re: Chassis BACK from powder coater! Body now in Paint!

Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:47 am
by Hot Wheels
Got the wiring figured out and a little fire in it finally! then the gremelins found me again, the 2 stage oil piump siezed up and broke the drive off. I think we caught it before there was any more damage but the 2 stage pump has proven to be a bit of a challenge with this motor. I think it was shimmed improperly causing the bind so I am building another pump assembly out of the parts i have here. with a little luck i can have it back together this afternoon. Video once its running right...

Re: Chassis BACK from powder coater! Body now in Paint!

Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:11 am
by Skidmark
Good luck with the oil pump... I am looking forward to seeing a vid of this thing running!

Re: Chassis BACK from powder coater! Body now in Paint!

Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:23 pm
by Hot Wheels
Finally found the bad wire connection and got it fired up. Most efi problems usually end up a grounding problem. I had one wire out of place onthe MSD/computer signal connection and needed a beter ground to the computer then she popped to life. I rbuilt the oil pump so Im still watching it closely to make sure i get the oil pressure i want and doing some tuning. I need to run the valves again and start working on the idle quality a little more, sync the throttle bodies, that kind of stuff but it is a milestone day for sure...

Re: Chassis BACK from powder coater! Body now in Paint!

Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:41 pm
by david58
Where is the video?

Re: Chassis BACK from powder coater! Body now in Paint!

Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:45 pm
by CentralWAbaja
Thanks David...Went looking for this one the other night to bump...couldn't find it :oops:

About time for an update?

Re: Chassis BACK from powder coater! Body now in Paint!

Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:00 am
by Hot Wheels
Gremlins and baseball season changed my schedule, again... Baseball season just ended sunday along with my coaching responsibilities so hopefully I can get back on it soon. I had it all together and running but i heard a faint tick every now and then. turns out the pauter rockers and new cam i swapped in had more lift than i had originally allowed for. No damage just a fingernail looking scratch on one valve relief pocket. I had to pull the heads and make new copper head gasket shims to help seal the heads and adjust for the lift.

Its all ready to go back together I just need a coupl efree days to assemble it again and try to make it to the dunes yet this season... Thats what happens when these projects drag out so long and change regularly...

Re: Chassis BACK from powder coater! Body now in Paint!

Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:44 pm
by Leatherneck
Another one that we need to find out about. BUMP!!

Re: Chassis BACK from powder coater! Body now in Paint!

Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:57 am
by Hot Wheels
Not Much change, I made the new head shims and put that back together but i have not had time to finish it yet. The boys started kart racing again and I have been building kart setups in my "spare" time this summer.

Classic case of too many projects and to little time. I could have this finished if I found a week or maybe even a free weekend to do it. I suppose i should not complain about being busy at work this summer, it beats being unemployed.

Re: Chassis BACK from powder coater! Body now in Paint!

Posted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:26 pm
by Leatherneck
That close to finishing huh? Nice! Well the family is what is important as the projects will be around after they have left home, just a matter of which projects. Good to hear from you again. Stay in touch and let us know what your doing on "Hot Wheels"

Re: Chassis BACK from powder coater! Body now in Paint!

Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:17 am
by Hot Wheels
Image

Finally got a couple slow days to finish the major assembly, need to work on lights and such yet but I expect to hear it running by the end of the day or tomorrow if things stay quiet around here...

I renamed the thread to make it easire to find as well...

Re: Hot Wheels Build part 2

Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:33 pm
by Hot Wheels
Image

With tow vehicle...

Re: Hot Wheels Build part 2

Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:45 pm
by Sneaks
NICE!!

Re: Hot Wheels Build part 2

Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:16 pm
by Lotrat
OMG. That thing came out sweet. Nice work. I'm gonna update your avatar too!

Re: Hot Wheels Build part 2

Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:31 pm
by Lotrat
Done... That hack took awhile.

Re: Hot Wheels Build part 2

Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:06 pm
by bajaherbie
looks great and that is a nice back yard storage building....