my lifted bus build
- fusername
- Posts: 6806
- Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:26 am
Re: my lifted bus build
Well today AJ came by to pick up some parts I traded him for the trans, among other things. He shot some nice video of the buggy driving to prove that unlike sneaks I didn't need a hill to stage my photos. I gave him some lovely bearings, which I then promptly threw on the ground. to retaliate he repacked a CV joint or two for me. We also were standing around wasting time when some very shiny mirrors and grabby tires showed up from summit, and let me tell you, that thing is a gokart now. Ass for th b us Ihave one torsion bar indexed, and the other is about ready to come apart. Its gonna rain all day tommorow but I have a hot date so I will set up an umbrella. Also gonna try and take the buggy out for a spin in the wet to see what the tires are like, sure hope I got what i paid for, using the term "i" loosely.
give a man a watch and he'll allways know what time it is. give him two and he can never be sure again.
Things are rarely just crazy enough to work, but they're frequently just crazy enough to fail hilariously.
Things are rarely just crazy enough to work, but they're frequently just crazy enough to fail hilariously.
- bajaherbie
- Posts: 9967
- Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:07 pm
Re: my lifted bus build
be sure a post pics of the hot date.
Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.
- Sneaks
- Posts: 1653
- Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:32 am
Re: my lifted bus build
You can use the pic for your new avatar...bajaherbie wrote:be sure a post pics of the hot date.
HILL?
HILL?!?!
See the Petco? You've been to my house. That's the same Petco Mikey works at. Hill my ass. My street is so flat even water doesn't run down it. See, the way I see it, I won cuz I have pictures posted the soonest.
I'll pass on the chicken dinner, just have NLWHS bring some treats and I'm good.
When is she going to sign up, anyway? We need to baja the 'rado.
- bajaherbie
- Posts: 9967
- Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:07 pm
Re: my lifted bus build
fusername, i think your bus would make an awesome "jersey looker"-- crager wheels, hacked/fender flared wheel openings, lotsa wood paneling, and a few yards of shag carpeting.....
Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.
- fusername
- Posts: 6806
- Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:26 am
Re: my lifted bus build
I would but I am having trouble finding a big enough mirror for the roof.
give a man a watch and he'll allways know what time it is. give him two and he can never be sure again.
Things are rarely just crazy enough to work, but they're frequently just crazy enough to fail hilariously.
Things are rarely just crazy enough to work, but they're frequently just crazy enough to fail hilariously.
- fusername
- Posts: 6806
- Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:26 am
Re: my lifted bus build
ami doin it right?


give a man a watch and he'll allways know what time it is. give him two and he can never be sure again.
Things are rarely just crazy enough to work, but they're frequently just crazy enough to fail hilariously.
Things are rarely just crazy enough to work, but they're frequently just crazy enough to fail hilariously.
- Sneaks
- Posts: 1653
- Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:32 am
Re: my lifted bus build
I have some old 8-tracks for you...
- bajaherbie
- Posts: 9967
- Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:07 pm
Re: my lifted bus build
nice touch with the mustang tail lights....
Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.
- Sneaks
- Posts: 1653
- Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:32 am
Re: my lifted bus build
I like the way you changed up your avatar, Herbie, just don't get into the habit...
- fusername
- Posts: 6806
- Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:26 am
Re: my lifted bus build
:groan:
give a man a watch and he'll allways know what time it is. give him two and he can never be sure again.
Things are rarely just crazy enough to work, but they're frequently just crazy enough to fail hilariously.
Things are rarely just crazy enough to work, but they're frequently just crazy enough to fail hilariously.
- ajdenette
- Posts: 717
- Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:18 pm
Re: my lifted bus build
Here I go again spoiling the pictures 
Here is the bus as I showed up

Fusers lift spindles???????

Fusers locker to prove he actually ownes one

Here is a comparisons between boots one bug, some type four and an old well used bus one.

Here is the bus as I showed up

Fusers lift spindles???????

Fusers locker to prove he actually ownes one

Here is a comparisons between boots one bug, some type four and an old well used bus one.

Alex
|_________oo_oo
/ /__/____[_____\
I I======[]IIIIIII[]
()_)-----()_)----)_)
|_________oo_oo
/ /__/____[_____\
I I======[]IIIIIII[]
()_)-----()_)----)_)
- fusername
- Posts: 6806
- Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:26 am
Re: my lifted bus build
lesson learned, its not the rubber on the empi boots, but the way they are stamped to the steel which causes sharp edges to dig in and cut the boot at extreeme angles, making them a poor \choice for off road apps.
give a man a watch and he'll allways know what time it is. give him two and he can never be sure again.
Things are rarely just crazy enough to work, but they're frequently just crazy enough to fail hilariously.
Things are rarely just crazy enough to work, but they're frequently just crazy enough to fail hilariously.
- ajdenette
- Posts: 717
- Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:18 pm
Re: my lifted bus build
Rockfords are the top right, empi is visible on the axle, the bug is botom left, and well used bus is botom right i forget the midle 3.
Alex
|_________oo_oo
/ /__/____[_____\
I I======[]IIIIIII[]
()_)-----()_)----)_)
|_________oo_oo
/ /__/____[_____\
I I======[]IIIIIII[]
()_)-----()_)----)_)
- fusername
- Posts: 6806
- Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:26 am
Re: my lifted bus build
so AJ totally saw me at my best when he swung by. turns out only one of the empi boots had torn, I musta had a dream about the second one going, cause in reality it was fine. I also forgot how to use a wrench, jack, compresser, and several other things while he was there.
anyways the bus is back on the road, assuming it passess its driving test today. last night as i finished it started to lighting and thunder. gonna spin around the block today then clean her and the garage out. Then its to NH for some stress testing of the trans on sunday.
anyways the bus is back on the road, assuming it passess its driving test today. last night as i finished it started to lighting and thunder. gonna spin around the block today then clean her and the garage out. Then its to NH for some stress testing of the trans on sunday.
give a man a watch and he'll allways know what time it is. give him two and he can never be sure again.
Things are rarely just crazy enough to work, but they're frequently just crazy enough to fail hilariously.
Things are rarely just crazy enough to work, but they're frequently just crazy enough to fail hilariously.
- fusername
- Posts: 6806
- Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:26 am
Re: my lifted bus build
oops
give a man a watch and he'll allways know what time it is. give him two and he can never be sure again.
Things are rarely just crazy enough to work, but they're frequently just crazy enough to fail hilariously.
Things are rarely just crazy enough to work, but they're frequently just crazy enough to fail hilariously.