Page 5 of 10
Re: Urabus...it's in the works
Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:01 am
by panel
Not really an update here but more like a poll. I have to buy some silicone hose for some intercooling, turbo and related intake stuff. Should I go blue or black. I'm on the fence. I want some bling(blue) but I kinda want the clean black factory look also.
Re: Urabus...it's in the works
Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:33 am
by Master slacker
Always bet on black. It's subtle and the blue looks like a "tuner" to me and not in a good way. YMMV
Re: Urabus...it's in the works
Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:17 pm
by billz60vw
I vote black! Blue looks like ass when dirty.
Re: Urabus...it's in the works
Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:53 pm
by panel
Black it is then.
Also:
Here's a bit of the workings of my radiator cooling system. First is the OEM plastic end tanks. Bulky and ugly for sure.
Here's the overview with it all mocked up etc.Rubber hose in there for affect.
Fan switch. I'll be running a stand alone with dual fans. This one is a 10" and another 10" on the way.
5/16" return line to the tank on the intake
Here is the aluminum end tanks at a closer look. They were rectangular before this but just cut in half.

Re: Urabus...it's in the works
Posted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:40 pm
by panel
Not much to report other than getting something in from USPS from
http://www.siliconeintakes.com
Got a reducer at the turbo end and 2 x 90 deg for the TB and intercooler to connect. I also got my other fan and nice 'T' bolt clamps.

Re: Urabus...it's in the works
Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:26 pm
by panel
Little update........ see below the progress.
Got the flex plate off and the adapter plate on,flywheel and back on the stand.
Had a nice aluminum sheet metal plate made up from my Dad to hold all the little boost components.
And also working on the heim joint adjuster for the alternator.

Re: Urabus...it's in the works
Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:30 pm
by panel
Re: Urabus...it's in the works
Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:25 am
by Prtexx
Looking good, on the road this summer?
Re: Urabus...it's in the works
Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:05 pm
by panel
Prtexx wrote:Looking good, on the road this summer?
Probably not, I'm slow

I used to be quick at this stuff but a 4yr old little girl keeps pulling at me to go on the trampoline all the time

Re: Urabus...it's in the works
Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:35 pm
by panel
Shoe horned her there today for a mockup..............

Re: Urabus...it's in the works
Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:15 pm
by RonW
outstanding panel. looking forward to seen next steps!
Re: Urabus...it's in the works
Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:50 pm
by panel
Re: Urabus...it's in the works
Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:51 am
by panel
Re: Urabus...it's in the works
Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:40 am
by panel
Re: Urabus...it's in the works
Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:22 pm
by danielzink
Love the single pulley.....just tonight I was google'ing "single subaru pulley".
I'm putting an EJ22 into my sandrail I have no use for the extra wide pulley.....just need to run the alternator....
Also digging the alternator adjuster....tell your dad you know someone who wants another one <LOL>
nice stuff though...good work !
Dan