That's sweet. Hopefully you're going to add a cage to the car (if you haven't already)!
Re: 65' Bug k20 turbo, E85 DYNO UPDATE!! 480whp
Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:43 pm
by roachghia70
Good luck with the launches this weekend at BOR! Hope you get a few good ones so you can finally see what this beast can do.
Moos, I believe he and Jeff caged it last summer, after he got sent home from Sacramento raceway for running too fast without a cage.
Re: 65' Bug k20 turbo, E85 DYNO UPDATE!! 480whp
Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 12:39 am
by capsoval
roachghia70 wrote:Good luck with the launches this weekend at BOR! Hope you get a few good ones so you can finally see what this beast can do.
Moos, I believe he and Jeff caged it last summer, after he got sent home from Sacramento raceway for running too fast without a cage.
Thanks Thomas, Its gonna be weird not having you there. Well maybe you'll suprise us, lol. I am defenitly gonna unleash her and hope she doesn't kill me. Its allot to handle now, but if your gonna heat a house why would you open a window. Gonna bring the slicks in case she wont play nice with the street tires.
And yes, Jeff and I put in a RLR cage last year so its as safe as one could expect from a 50 year old street car.
Where the magic happens
Re: 65' Bug k20 turbo, E85 DYNO UPDATE!! 480whp
Posted: Sun May 29, 2011 11:04 pm
by WickedWagens
How did you end up on the track today? It looked and sounded pretty good.
Re: 65' Bug k20 turbo, E85 DYNO UPDATE!! 480whp
Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 12:04 am
by capsoval
WickedWagens wrote:How did you end up on the track today? It looked and sounded pretty good.
The car came out in one piece, which was the best part of the weekend. I did get to run my personal best which was an 11.1@133mph. I was launching it pretty soft so my 60' times were in the 2's. But overall it was a great weekend and I had lots of fun. Not to mention I got to meet some of the guys off here for the first time.
I will have some videos here soon.
Re: 65' Bug k20 turbo, E85 DYNO UPDATE!! 480whp
Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 12:48 am
by 55superbeetle
Awesome dude, wish I was there to see it. Seems like everybody had a decent weekend despite the crazy weather. 133 is hauling the mail but the most impressive thing is that it didn't break! Glad to see all the work and $$ has paid off.
Re: 65' Bug k20 turbo, E85 DYNO UPDATE!! 480whp
Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 7:41 am
by supaninja
Your knocking on the door to 10's, friggin sweet!
Re: 65' Bug k20 turbo, E85 DYNO UPDATE!! 480whp
Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 7:56 am
by Mooosman
capsoval wrote:
I will have some videos here soon.
Sweet. 133 mph is scootin'!
Re: 480whp 65' Bug k20 turbo, New BOR 67 incar video!!!!
Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 2:12 pm
by capsoval
Final run in water cooled trophy class against Volkdent's 1.8T swapped bug. Thanks to Humble for the Gopro video and online posting of it.
Best run of the day was an 11.1@133.
This run was an 11.2@131.
Re: 480whp 65' Bug k20 turbo, New BOR 67 incar video!!!!
Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 5:28 pm
by Master slacker
wow
Re: 480whp 65' Bug k20 turbo, New BOR 67 incar video!!!!
Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 6:21 pm
by Humble
It was nice meeting you at the track an you and volkdent have seriously got me thinking about pitching my aircooled turbo now. Comparing the videos from both our runs I'm shifting into 2nd when you and volkdent are shifting into 3rd! My trans is definitely not drag friendly but it was still fun. I think I had the only bug that went down the strip and drove 120+ miles home under it's own power.
Re: 480whp 65' Bug k20 turbo, New BOR 67 incar video!!!!
Posted: Tue May 31, 2011 12:24 am
by capsoval
Humble wrote:It was nice meeting you at the track an you and volkdent have seriously got me thinking about pitching my aircooled turbo now. Comparing the videos from both our runs I'm shifting into 2nd when you and volkdent are shifting into 3rd! My trans is definitely not drag friendly but it was still fun. I think I had the only bug that went down the strip and drove 120+ miles home under it's own power.
No that first gear is massive, definitely not drag friendly. LOL. And theirs nothing wrong with your aircooled setup, but at least you know of some other good options.
Here are my videos from the day.
Re: 480whp 65' Bug k20 turbo, New BOR 67 incar video!!!!
Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:41 pm
by Badvw68
That thing is pretty bad! Do you happen to know what your 1/8 times are? I dont have a 1/4 mile track so its hard for me to compare.
I have gone in my subie powered bug 8.17 at 96mph, crawling out of the hole in the 1/8..
Thanks!
Re: 480whp 65' Bug k20 turbo, New BOR 67 incar video!!!!
Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:51 pm
by ambrynmc
That last post reminded me...I should have put these pics up earlier. I really wanted to stay and meet/talk to you guys, but I brought my wife this time and after about an hour she kept asking me, "are you gone looking yet?"....
Re: 480whp 65' Bug k20 turbo, New BOR 67 incar video!!!!
Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:19 pm
by capsoval
ambrynmc wrote:That last post reminded me...I should have put these pics up earlier. I really wanted to stay and meet/talk to you guys, but I brought my wife this time and after about an hour she kept asking me, "are you gone looking yet?"....
Yeah, wives can be like that (mine is no exeption). Those are nice pictures, thanks for posting them. There's always next BOR to hang out, so it's cool.
As an update, about a month after that weekend she put the #2 rod through the block. Running this kind of power on a stock engine is a big gamble....and I lost. Only plus was that the damage thus far only is to the block and 1 piston/rod, although the #1 rod was bent and about to snap as well. I was able to get a core short block and got a JE/Eagle combo going together now. Will be reborn to a life in the 550+whp range. I have pictures but will be a while before I can post them.