Page 7 of 80
Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:58 am
by seabeebuggy
I took buggy out for a run the 4th. It is a bit sluggish in the new high plains. 4000' . Also there was a strange sound like the limiter was slowing me at 4500 rpm/ it did not do it until I replaced the BOV tension bolt. It fell out wand was leaking air limiting my boost. Now it is back to original boost levels and also got the Alki injection back on. I think the altitude and alki is making it run slower off boost and limiting it on high boost. Not sure how. Until I can get the LM1 out and do some testing i think I will lower boost levels. Maybe due to the over rich from coming from a 700' tune to a 4000' and the alki it is blowing out the fire at high boost.?
Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:00 am
by James Buchan
well it wasnt today, it was a week ago.... I SOLD IT!
Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:47 am
by MarioVelotta
Bitter sweet!
Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:58 am
by Coyote
Well some news about my 2054 draw trhrough :
Saturday I went at the track for the first time :
13.07 @ 103 MPH with a geriatric 60 ft : 1.83
10psi of boost
just added 6 liters of C12 in a half tank of pump gas, to be not worried about pinging.
Unfortunatly the rain stopped my enthusiasm !
even if 13.07 is not an amazing time slip, I am happy with this (first) result, because it's a true daily driver:
-I use it every day in the stop and go traffic
-850rpm idle fine
-I can use it to go to the track ( the closest track is 140 miles far from home)
- and 28mpg on the road (with a mix of highway and small roads)
I can drive it at 80MPH still on vaccuum
The boost come on at 2800/3000rpm very easily.
Now, I understand what "turbo addict" mean !

next step is 15psi...
Thanks to all for your help !
Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:16 am
by panel
James Buchan wrote:well it wasnt today, it was a week ago.... I SOLD IT!
Now it's just down the street from me

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:05 pm
by miniman82
Coyote wrote:
Now, I understand what "turbo addict" mean !

next step is 15psi...
Don't stop there man, go for 20. I'm shooting for 18 lbs with my 1915.
Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:25 pm
by Coyote
20 psi ? wew !
Hmmm...why not?
Just wondering how high can I go with a 7.9 : 1 CR?
Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:32 pm
by MarioVelotta
I got some new oil feed and return lines in the mail today.
I'm dropping my feed down to -3 from a -4. And bringing my return up from a -8 to a -10.
I probably should have just done this to begin with but I had the other lines so I used them. I've learned now and that's good

Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:31 pm
by MarioVelotta
I changes out my lines, I got a restrictor also just in case but as it sits I don't think I will need it. She started up from dead cold with no smokey signs of a leak through the seal. I think I am good to go..
The -4 push loc feed line compared to the -3 assembled.
My supportive wife, helping... Look at the hole size difference between the 2. I guess the the size of a leaky turbo or not
Some of my problem
New -10 drain installed
And -10 into the sump
And lastly my comression ends kept leaking so I'm goint to try this push loc fitting for my oil gauge.

Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:19 am
by fastvwman
why not use a AN #3 braided line to the gauge, nylon is cheesy. I'd use a nitous feed line, they are long enough to reach your gauge. they are cheap and safer also.
Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:55 pm
by mike thompson
Mario- get rid of ANY plastic near that turbo!!!!
Down stream away from all heat is OK. You can run copper or steel to get away from the heat, then go with plastic.
Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:23 pm
by MinamiKotaro
Coyote wrote:geriatric 60 ft : 1.83
Geriatric? That's better than Dad's race car ever did, 160HP 2110, ~1500lbs with him in it, 4.86 gear, and slicks.
Hell, some of the 6-second (in the 1/8th) pro-street V8s don't turn better 60-fts than that!
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:43 pm
by panel
mike thompson wrote:Mario- get rid of ANY plastic near that turbo!!!!
Down stream away from all heat is OK. You can run copper or steel to get away from the heat, then go with plastic.
Ditto

Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:18 pm
by MarioVelotta
-k- i'll change it out guys.
It's about an inch away from everything though, it looks closer in the pic.
What do you guys use to your pressure gauge? The compression style always seem to leak for me....
Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:17 am
by miniman82
MarioVelotta wrote:What do you guys use to your pressure gauge....
What pressure guage?
