Page 7 of 7

Re: Carb'd (Now EFI) EJ22 Into '69 Bug

Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:34 pm
by Prtexx
Hello everyone,
Have been reading the thread on the VSS and there is a simple and cheap solution I just built one using a stock 1999 sensor off the tranny that I had laying around the shop. Subarus have at least 7 factory speed sensors. I used the sensor off the tail shaft built a five fingered wheel similar to others pictured in this thread (ronW) made a bracket to mount the sensor to the tranny less chance of it getting damaged. total cost 0. have over 100 miles on it already and no codes.

Re: Carb'd (Now EFI) EJ22 Into '69 Bug

Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:56 pm
by H2OSB
Wow, great thread! As Joel knows, I plan to do this swap as well. I love seeing all of the issues ironed out. I have no desire to reinvent the wheel, I will gladly take your ideas from the END of the thread and get er done.

H2OSB

Re: Carb'd (Now EFI) EJ22 Into '69 Bug

Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:04 pm
by Zno
I know this thread is old, but i have to ask, do you still have the weber to ej manifolds? Ive been looking at making a set. figured id ask.

Re: Carb'd (Now EFI) EJ22 Into '69 Bug

Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:38 pm
by danielzink
Zno wrote:I know this thread is old, but i have to ask, do you still have the weber to ej manifolds? Ive been looking at making a set. figured id ask.

If you make a set - make two and I'll buy one off ya.

Dan

Re: Carb'd (Now EFI) EJ22 Into '69 Bug

Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:18 am
by danielzink
And.

FWIW.

There's a guy over at the Samba that fabricated a set of Dellorto to EJ22 manifolds.

Image

Doesn't look too difficult.

thread is here: http://www.thesamba.com/vw//forum/viewt ... highlight=

I know a couple of fabricators...I may look into it.

Dan