Page 66 of 70

Re: Motorbreath53's Baja... is still ALIVE

Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:45 pm
by STOICH
jt1967 wrote:the EPS is amazing I love that I can adjust how much assist on the fly
adjust on the fly? What brand of kit is it?

Re: Motorbreath53's Baja... is still ALIVE

Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:12 pm
by jt1967
Saturn Vue electric power steering and this control module with adjuster. you can get this set up for around $250 off ebay. you just need to cut down the output shaft and pick up u-joints

Re: Motorbreath53's Baja... is still ALIVE

Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:08 pm
by STOICH
jt1967 wrote:Saturn Vue electric power steering and this control module with adjuster. you can get this set up for around $250 off ebay. you just need to cut down the output shaft and pick up u-joints
you have my attention... :mrgreen: where is this link?

Re: Motorbreath53's Baja... is still ALIVE

Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:14 pm
by baja5
STOICH wrote:
jt1967 wrote:Saturn Vue electric power steering and this control module with adjuster. you can get this set up for around $250 off ebay. you just need to cut down the output shaft and pick up u-joints
you have my attention... :mrgreen: where is this link?
Just do a search on EBay. It all comes up. It's what I did for mine although I Didn't use U joints. We fit the input shaft down and welded on small flanges.

Re: Motorbreath53's Baja... is still ALIVE

Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:17 pm
by baja5

Re: Motorbreath53's Baja... is still ALIVE

Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:23 am
by Steve Arndt
I just put some pics of my Saturn steering parts in my build thread check it:

Re: Motorbreath53's Baja... is still ALIVE

Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:59 pm
by jt1967
So finally all the front suspension upgrades are complete. Foddrill big beam arms 1 3/4 snout, Foddrill King Kong spindles, 7/8 race link pins, Fox double bypass shocks, Jamar db300 brakes converted to King Kong.

Re: Motorbreath53's Baja... is still ALIVE

Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:04 pm
by jt1967
more progress pics

Re: Motorbreath53's Baja... is still ALIVE

Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:13 pm
by jt1967
ready to go play. what better testing than a 140 mile run with a Great Group of guys and gals we had a blast and the car ran awesome!

Re: Motorbreath53's Baja... is still ALIVE

Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:15 pm
by dustymojave
DAMN! Your Bug and Jason's are incredibly similar viewed like that.

Re: Motorbreath53's Baja... is still ALIVE

Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:28 am
by jt1967
couple of my favorite pics thought I would share

Re: Motorbreath53's Baja... is still ALIVE

Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:51 pm
by Leatherneck
Super nice upgrades. Digging the pics too. Always enjoy seeing our flag flying

Re: Motorbreath53's Baja... is still ALIVE

Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:02 pm
by dustymojave
Damn!

I can't believe how much your car and Jason's look so much alike!

Re: Motorbreath53's Baja... is still ALIVE

Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:29 pm
by jt1967
dustymojave wrote:Damn!

I can't believe how much your car and Jason's look so much alike!
Funny me and Jason were talking about that the last trip out :) Kinda crazy we even have the same driving habits

Re: Motorbreath53's Baja... is still ALIVE

Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:35 pm
by dustymojave
Good young man and his sister is a sweetheart besides, and a good driver in the Powder Puff! I enjoy their company when I see them.