Page 1 of 3
Hot VW's Part 2
Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:26 pm
by slowtwitch
It looks like I have some reading to do tonight....part 2 of Jake's T4 build in Hot VW's, arrived in the mail today. Looks pretty good at a quick glance.
pete
Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:50 pm
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
Yep, we start gettimng technical in this installment! enjoy-
Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:57 pm
by Can Drive Soon
To Barnes & Noble, again !

Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:43 pm
by 66 deluxe
I am still waiting for the first installment things seem to reach OZ last the May issue isn't here yet.
Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:23 pm
by jboyton
Great read:
Now I got to wait 30 days fo the next issue.....................
Maybe my engine will show up before that and take up all my time!!!!!!
Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:03 pm
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
Jon, it's leaving tomorrow with 5 of it's brothers!
Made good power- I'll ring you with details.
Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:34 am
by Santas Brother
I had to go to 6 different stores that carry Hot VWs every month,
before I actually got a copy of last months.Popular issue.
Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:43 am
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
Yep!
I am actually proof reading part 3 for Dean as we speak... It's even better than 1 and 2!
Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:32 am
by dstar5000
I hope no more of your parts have lead a life of
CRIME!
Ask Deano about that one..........
Don
Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:03 am
by Steve Arndt
I haven't seen dowel pin indexed oil rings before.
Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:04 am
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
I haven't seen dowel pin indexed oil rings before.
Most people haven't
Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:41 am
by huw'sspeedster
Still waiting for my copy of part 1 after subscription error but Dean said he would mail the 2 togerther as soon as issue2 came off the press so it should be over or on the atlantic by now!!
Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:44 am
by Steve Arndt
MASSIVE TYPE IV wrote:I haven't seen dowel pin indexed oil rings before.
Most people haven't
Is there an advantage?
Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:49 am
by MASSIVE TYPE IV
with this piston and it's design it's a must due to the pin height. without index the gap of the lower oil ring would rotate into position with the wrist pin slot and snap the ring..
It works VERY well.
Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:09 am
by Steve Arndt
MASSIVE TYPE IV wrote:with this piston and it's design it's a must due to the pin height. without index the gap of the lower oil ring would rotate into position with the wrist pin slot and snap the ring..
It works VERY well.
ah, so the oil ring groove is overlapping the wrist pin bore. clear.