The Plague returns home..... Whats in store for it now???
Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:02 am
Yep...
After being gone from home for over a month the Plague get home last night...
What a challenge it was dealing with the vehicle shipping company! The car was days late, the driver never called and when he id d call he was a pure jerk... After coming close to a physical altercation with the driver I took control of the car again and rolled it into the shop...
Now the car will be stripped down of all essential items that are needed for the street, but not for the DRAGSTRIP! I have some rust repair to do, some "bodywork" to do and then it'll be time to take the car down to Tarmac Motorsports for a full roll cage install.
When it comes back from the cage install I'll shoot a fresh coat of it's well known "Viper Blue".... I plan on keeping the car "all steel" with no fiberglass parts!
Len is in work on the heads (LE 200 with only a chamber mod!) and I am still working on the first purpose built drag race combo I have ever attempted with a Type 4! The engine will be comprised with 100% off the shelf parts and will be a 2270 with 13:1 CR.
Full details of the engine will be on the site when I return from France. We are keeping the engine very simple and very stock based while using the same components that are used in my street engines, most of them with no modifications.
I don't expect the transition from my current race engine building style to be effective "on the first try"...
At any rate the Plague is officially retired from the street and it'll be living at the strip for the rest of it's life time, and I'll keep working on these drag race combos till we find the power to overcome the Type 4's bad rep at the drag strip..
BTW- Don't be looking for exotic components in most of these engines- we want to keep it real and mostly OEM, and off the shelf so anyone could do the same thing with the same parts.
After being gone from home for over a month the Plague get home last night...
What a challenge it was dealing with the vehicle shipping company! The car was days late, the driver never called and when he id d call he was a pure jerk... After coming close to a physical altercation with the driver I took control of the car again and rolled it into the shop...
Now the car will be stripped down of all essential items that are needed for the street, but not for the DRAGSTRIP! I have some rust repair to do, some "bodywork" to do and then it'll be time to take the car down to Tarmac Motorsports for a full roll cage install.
When it comes back from the cage install I'll shoot a fresh coat of it's well known "Viper Blue".... I plan on keeping the car "all steel" with no fiberglass parts!
Len is in work on the heads (LE 200 with only a chamber mod!) and I am still working on the first purpose built drag race combo I have ever attempted with a Type 4! The engine will be comprised with 100% off the shelf parts and will be a 2270 with 13:1 CR.
Full details of the engine will be on the site when I return from France. We are keeping the engine very simple and very stock based while using the same components that are used in my street engines, most of them with no modifications.
I don't expect the transition from my current race engine building style to be effective "on the first try"...
At any rate the Plague is officially retired from the street and it'll be living at the strip for the rest of it's life time, and I'll keep working on these drag race combos till we find the power to overcome the Type 4's bad rep at the drag strip..
BTW- Don't be looking for exotic components in most of these engines- we want to keep it real and mostly OEM, and off the shelf so anyone could do the same thing with the same parts.