Crocteau,
Thanks for the comments. I wish the pics could do justice to the color on the car. It's WAY metallic. Almost bass boat metallic. Some people won't like it, but I'm going to put a little dog with a bobble head in the back window and drive around with my arm out the window

. I love metallic paint. The gold metallic on the engine is the base coat, with lots of candy apple red on top. Looks great in the sun!
I have been fighting the black oil line hoses since the beginning. For some of us, function is not everything.

As a matter of fact, I have been playing with the idea of hard lines in both copper and stainless, but getting the relatively large tube diameter bent is very tough. It's not like brake lines. I also have some concerns about leaks and breakage with hard lines. Looks like you'd almost have to install an auto kill switch for a zero oil pressure situation. I'm kind of hunting around locally for an "expert" pipe bender. (I've learned how to make the flared ends!)
Since I'm actually getting close to starting the engine at this point, I think I am just going to install the standard ss braided hoses to get things up and running. The hard lines will have to wait for an upgrade moment. But I do love the idea of spiraled, ss hard lines tracking down the left side of the motor. Just hard for a home boy like me to pull off.
I got the pulley more "in line" today just using the adjustment Jake provides in his alternator base. But, checking with sticks is a good test. I'll do it. I figure the real test is when it runs. It's almost hard to see the exact alignment with the engine just sitting there.
Jake has got me thinking about the deck lid. I wonder how much I can "move" the deck lid itself. We think of the sheet metal as stationary, but...... Again, the real test will come when I can actually mount the deck lid. Holding it up there and "eyeballing" probably won't get me the final answer.
I'll keep everybody posted. Thanks.
doc