Page 1 of 1
search by more than 1 word?
Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:11 pm
by Plastermaster
Is there anyway to search for two words, like oil pump, gas cap, etc. It would be nice to search and find say,,,,gas cap, without weeding thru threads about some ricer with his CAP on sideways running out of GAS.

Serious though, is there something in the search functions that I am overlooking?
Thanks
Ron
Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:25 pm
by sideshow
Use the advance search;
http://www.shoptalkforums.com/search.php
Also it supports AND/OR/NOT, I never had much luck with the wild cards or really short terms (3 character or some user names?)
Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:25 pm
by Plastermaster
I use the advance search with "and" but what that does is find a thread with one of the words, and then the other word shows up later on. Google for example lets you type in a phrase like "gas cap" and it will find "gas cap" for you. Actually, I bet you could do a google search "gas cap shoptalkforums" and it would find a post about gas caps.
Ron
Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:00 pm
by akokarski
Hi,
I am creating google coop search engine for aircooled. ShopTalkForums is in.
Here is the URL:
http://www.google.com/coop/cse?cx=01486 ... xjzoa4f11a
-Anton
Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:36 pm
by Leatherneck
What is a google coop search engine?