Page 1 of 1

FAQ - Universal Regulators - how to wire it.

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:20 pm
by MNAirHead
Bosch OE Regulators are a snap to install. I've got a stack of regs that I've received from parts houses. They sit on my shelf because they confuse me and I'm afraid to use them.

They aren't labelled like the Bentley book.

1-Use them?
2-Are they universal?
3-Which wire goes where?

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:14 pm
by DubsMcGee
This interests me as well, I am in need of one but really do not want to spend $40 for an OE replacement.

questions
1) where can I find them other than bugpack/empi/deapership?
2) why do you need to use one?

I am a mechanical guy, the electrical stuff baffles me.

Tim, if you have some pictures of your generic regulators post them up. It might help someone explain how to hook them up. I was actually going to message you about this very subject, thanks.