Convert turnsignals from Black Box to Pre-Black Box??

Every car has an electrical system. Here's the place to learn all about it.
bluebug66
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:40 pm

Convert turnsignals from Black Box to Pre-Black Box??

Post by bluebug66 »

Please forgive me if this has been covered before. I need a Plan B if I cannot find a working 6V Black Box relay for my 66 bug. I am talking about about the rectangular (9 pin-?) box that controls the turnsignal and emergency flasher functions. It would seem as though I could give up having the emergency flashers and just have a simple turnsignal flasher relay like the older cars had. Has anyone done this and do you have any re-wiring tips that I could use? It may come down to either something like this or using hand signals every time I make a turn. Thanks in advance.
User avatar
MNAirHead
Posts: 9570
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:12 am

Post by MNAirHead »

how far out in the future are you looking..

I'm converting our 66 to 12 volt.. you can have any of the working parts you need.. OR will be doing a 6-12 conversion earlier this summer
bluebug66
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:40 pm

Post by bluebug66 »

I did get one of my swap meet black boxes to work, so everything works fine now. I also found out how to wire around the black box to a six volt flasher in case the black box craps out sometime down the road. Just a matter of lifting wires and putting them on the flasher. Thanks for your help.
Post Reply