Page 1 of 1

harness help

Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:13 am
by JimA
I'm putting in a new harness and have it mosty done, but one wire in the engine compartmwent has me stumped... I have 70 standard bug. This is a black wire that comes out of the harness with the red and blue wires for the regulator/generator. I've looked all over the scematic and can't figure it out. What am I missing?

Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:43 am
by MNAirHead
Any clues of who made your loom.. the part number.. the catalog page.. anything?

Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:02 am
by JimA
Wire Works. The wires were not labeled. I figured it out. Its' the ground wire for the generator. Correct? Also, I converted to an alternator. Does the alternator still get grounded?

Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:48 am
by CopperBaja
Depends on if you have an internally or externally regulated alternator.

From: http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=106056

Image

Have pics? :D