Pre assembly testing of wires

Every car has an electrical system. Here's the place to learn all about it.
User avatar
73Weezer
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 1:01 am

Pre assembly testing of wires

Post by 73Weezer »

I'm in the reassembly stage of my 69 bug ( body off), and want to check
the wiring before it's put back in place. I have a multi meter and
enthusiasm but admit that electrical things are not my strong point.

Is it worth while to do a resistance check on each wire to make sure
there are no breaks or corrision issues? I had thought to replace or solder
all the connections, but they all look fine, no frays, minimal apparent
crud.

I did take a dremel & flapper to the fuse block terminals, all solid and
now shiney.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
User avatar
MNAirHead
Posts: 9570
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:12 am

Post by MNAirHead »

It's always wise to triple check the corrosion on the ends of the wires...

Most of the VW issues arise from grommets not being in place.... look where wires go through the fire walls...

Welcome to STF.. please let us help take the mystery out of your wiring.
Post Reply