Page 1 of 2

honda vfr bodies

Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:13 pm
by pantswagen
Image

-there already split
-cable linkage = good

-fuel rail already done = goood

-?

Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:40 am
by slowtwitch
I'm going to try them on a stock 1.7 type 4 build that I have in the wings. Here's what I have so far...

Image


Image

pete

Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:28 pm
by fl_buggy
The bores look pretty close. How close are they? Any stumbling blocks you've found so far?

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:13 pm
by findog78
I need a pair of these too!!! Let me know if anyone has some sitting.


Image

Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:23 pm
by Piledriver
How big are those butterflys?

Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:44 pm
by slowtwitch
Piledriver wrote:How big are those butterflys?
They are 36mm and the spacing, center to center, is 90mm.

pete

Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:44 am
by Piledriver
slowtwitch wrote:
Piledriver wrote:How big are those butterflys?
They are 36mm and the spacing, center to center, is 90mm.

pete
Should work great on a mild 1.7-2.0.

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:15 am
by pploco
Resurrecting an older post here. What "honda" are these found on?

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:38 am
by fl_buggy
VFR. I know there was a VFR 750, not sure if there were other sizes made anywhere else. Its a V4 motor which is convenient for our use of the TB's.

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:18 pm
by Piledriver
VFR, AKA Honda Interceptor, 750 and 800, pretty sure the 800s were all EFI.

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:26 pm
by pploco
Pile are you a freeBSD guy?

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:59 pm
by Piledriver
pploco wrote:Pile are you a freeBSD guy?
Na, Linux since ~1994, (On my Amiga3000 `till ~97)

I always set up spare partitions to play, but whenever I try any *BSD it's too much like going to France. (so to speak, nothing wrong with France, I 'd actually love to visit, blablabla)

I DID run NetBSD 1.0 back in the day for awhile as it had decent support for my A2410 video card, but too much of the software I needed wasn't available back then, and ~all the development was done on Linux... Need Latest version==Run Linux or port it yourself...
(WHY wasn't Pi declared in the BSD libc? I always hated that trivial annoyance...(Pre autoconfig IIRC))

Then RH5 shipped and I lived close to a Frys...

I have settled on running Mandriva for the last few years. Generally bullet proof as a desktop and media center/etc box, no RPM hell, fast and stable.
(decent as a server box too, with Webmin and freinds, OTOH so is ~every other flavor of Unix)

I'm a glorified mechanic now and haven't done any programing in years, sucked at it anyway.

Occasionally have to fix Win boxen, which perversely frequently is best attacked using a Knoppix CD...

Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:25 am
by pploco
Sortof a threadjack...but oh well.

Thats quite the paradigm shift for you - programmer to mechanic. I'm a wannabe mechanic posing as a network engineer by day. I too love the penguin!

Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:44 am
by John_S
Image

cbr900 tb's on a 2276cc , i split them had a new spindle made , even kept the injectors

Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:33 am
by Piledriver
Slick!
How big are the butterflies, and what did you do to adapt to the Weber/Dell manifolds?

On a 2.3 ... ~42mm or larger?

(Suppose 40s would work to ~6Kish)